Chapter 28: You should not agree to marry me

Yang Anxin introduced Du Yucheng, and Ji Xingfan subconsciously took a look at Ai Changhuan, and Ai was also looking at Du Yucheng as expected. Her look was quite sympathetic.

During the meal, Ji Xingfan asked Ai in a low voice, "whether he is Qin Zhan or not?"

Ai Changhuan shook her head, "I haven't got the answer yet."

“You really take your time. It would be better to take this opportunity to give it a try”

“How?” Ai wondered.

Ji Xingfan was speechless suddenly, because she really did not know how such a pure little white rabbit like Ai had grown up.

"Later, you can pick some dishes for Lu Zhanke and be nice to him deliberately. If he were Qin Zhan, he would absolutely not be indifferent. If he were not, you could leave as soon as possible...lest you should fail to know that you have fallen in love with someone.”

But Ai disagreed. “No, I can’t. I can’t make use of Lu Zhanke in such a way. This is too unfair to him.”

“Why are you caring so much about how Lu Zhanke feels? Have you fallen in love with him?" Ji Xingfan pointed out sharply.

Her heart gave a great leap and she hurried to deny, “Of course not, I just think it is not right.”

“If you still hesitate like this, you will be bogged down deeper and deeper.” According to Ji Xingfan’s intuition, Lu Zhanke must have known something and he just kept silent and his countenance. This man seemed determined to win Ai Changhuan’s heart. However, Ai Changhuan’s mind was still on Qin Zhan, which made Ji Xingfan worry about the messy situation Ai would face later. 

Instead of that, it would be better to cut the Gordian knot and nip it all in the bud.

After making up her mind, Ji Xingfan decided to be the bad person herself.

Yang Xinxin was sitting on her right, Ai Changhuan on her left, and Lu Zhanke beside Ai Changhuan while Du Yucheng was sitting opposite. Ji Xingfan first filled a bowl of soup, and waited it cooled down slowly. When the soup was not hot anymore, she put the bowl to Ai.

“Here, Ai, this is for you.”

Because Ji often did this before when they were at school, Ai Changhuan took it for granted and took over the bowl and was ready to drink.

Ji Xingfan seized the right time to push Ai Changhuan gently. Because of inertia, Ai tilted toward Lu, then her hand suddenly failed to hold the soup bowl well, and all the soup poured on his pants.

Seeing this, Ai Changhuan turned panicky. Before she could do something, Ji Xingfan had stuffed her with a pack of napkins, and Ai did not have time to think more before she immediately helped Lu with the napkins, while asking eagerly, "Are you all right? Is it burning? Does it matter?"

"I’m OK." Lu was going to stand up and do it by himself. But seeing Ai was so concerned about him, he was not in a hurry to move.

Ji Xingfan secretly took a look at Du, only to see Du staring at the movement there. Aware of Ji's inquisitive eyes, Du looked elsewhere and turned to drink. 

Ji Xingfan slightly raised her eyebrows. This “Du Yucheng” was really eccentric.

"Take out the things in your pockets before they get wet." Yang Anxin suggested.