good sportsmanship.

"nice job today, kageyama! looks like all that practice with hinata is paying off," daichi chuckled, slapping the younger boy's shoulder proudly as they walked into the club room.

"nice practice today guys!"

"thank you, captain!" the team called back, smiles and cheers galore.

"AGH! kageyama! the attack worked today! it was all BAM! and SWOOSH! and GWAH!" shōyō came barreling through the club room door, late as always, with the most child-like wonder on his face. "you're so amazing, kageyama!"

"shut up, dumbass," the boy replied shortly, burying his face in the balled up practice tee he just peeled off, making every attempt to hide the big smile that was making its way across his face.

"awh, is the king embarrassed?" kei cooed from across the room, laughing lowly as yamaguchi prodded at his side with a scared expression that read: tsukki, stop!

"shut up, string bean!" tobio grunted aggressively, earning a scoff in return. he flipped the bird at the boy and returned to his locker with a cherry red complexion.

"no, i'm serious kags! you did awesome today!"

"i, uh," tobio winced, "i guess you- um, you did g-good, too...idiot."

"nice try, kageyama. i can really see you meant it." shōyō giggled, playfully poking tobio in the arm.

"alright, boys, practice starts at eight tomorrow, so be here ready to go! have a good friday night!" daichi called as he headed for the door, suga right by his side.

"night, guys!" suga called, a precious wave accompanying his words.

slowly the boys began to filter out of the club room with loud goodbyes and painful smacks to the shoulder blades, and tobio and shōyō found themselves left to lock up like always.
tobio pulled his black beanie over his head and locked the door with his glove-clad fingertips, shoving the key in his gym bag; shōyō pulled on his gloves as the two made their way down the stairs and out into the parking lot.

"so, got any plans tonight?" shōyō quizzed, a happy smile on his face.

"nope. probably just gonna go to bed."

"what?!"

"what's wrong with sleeping?"

"it's friday night, bakageyama!"

"shut up! stop calling me that!" tobio smacked the boy's shoulder, "and we have practice tomorrow anyways."

"well, do you wanna come over? we could watch a movie or something!" shōyō proposed as he fiddled with the lock on his bike, a pleading grin pulling unfairly at tobio's chest.

"i- well i don't wanna be a bother to your mom, i mean-"

"don't be silly! she'd love to meet you. i talk about you all the time-"shōyō swatted away the idea, stopping shortly after the last sentence slipped out. he blushed profusely at the mistake.

"w-well, i-"

"please?"

tobio made the major mistake of looking into the shorter boy's eyes, and almost instantaneously regretted his ability to cave so fast when it came to them.

"uh... sure."