four. hawaiian punch stains

tw: sexual harassment

chapter four: hawaiian punch stains

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

The final sound of the buzzer caused the crowd to erupt in cheers as Midtown High takes home the win of the night. Katherine quickly bids their two new friends goodbye before she grabs ahold of Jesse's wrist and drags him down to hug their best friend for his success in the game. Peter and Ned watch as the duo stumble down, wrapping their arms around the sweaty football player.

As everyone begins to clear out, Elliot hurries to shower before the team head down to Harry's estate in Manhattan. The two became increasingly inpatient with Elliot's need to shower and told him to meet him there, which wasn't entirely fair to him but he'll let it slide.

Elliot's body buzzed in excitement knowing that he'll easily have someone under him after winning the game tonight. However, his excitement died out the second he slipped out of his car, right outside of Harry's party. Something began to trail down his nose and out of instinct he goes to wipe it only to find blood behind his hand.

The blood picks up as it drips down his nose which causes him to throw his head back and rush through the party, pushing through the bodies that blocked him and looking for the bathroom. He spots a line already at the bathroom and without hesitation pushes his way in. Two strangers are making out and Elliot rolls his eyes, "Get out."

The couple pause to find Elliot's nose and mouth covered in blood. Their eyes widen at the sight, the two too shocked to move their bodies. Elliot groans as he pushes the two out before starting to rinse his face. Out of all the nights, his nose just happened to bleed tonight.

Katherine watches as her best friend runs into the bathroom and proceeds to push two people out. She lifts a brow but doesn't think much of it. Instead, she turns to face Jesse, plucking the red solo cup from him and sniffs it. She gives him a blank look, and shouts loudly over the music, "Really? Fruit punch?"

"It's Hawaiian Punch," Jesse defends himself with a small nod. While he didn't necessarily enjoy parties, hanging out with Katherine and Elliot gave him a reason to like them. That didn't mean he would confidently grab vodka and chug it down with a group of random of kids. "One of us has to stay sober."

"And that one is Elliot. Here, I'll make you a drink," Katherine smiles. She begins to refilling his fruit punch before throwing in some sprite and vodka. Jesse couldn't help but stare at the way she confidently fills his cup with various drinks, almost pretending she's a bartender. He laughs just as she hands him back his drink, "Try it."

Jesse looks down skeptical but takes a huge gulp, the strong vodka burns his throat causing him to quickly swallow it and cough. Katherine accidentally poured too much vodka or she purposely did so he could loosen up. Either seemed valid. He looks down at the cup and then back to her, "There's too much vodka!"