Relaxed conversations

"Ironhide." Will said.

"hmm?" was the response of the Autobot under him.

"did you have stars you could see on Cybertron?" Will ask, shifting. he was currently laying on Ironhide's chest plate. he moved so he could see the Autobot's face.

"sort of." Ironhide replied. "well... before the war at least. you could see them. they were beautiful, different from the ones here." Ironhide said.

"how old where you when the war started?" Will ask.

"I was a youngling. to put it in human years, I was about 15." Ironhide said.

"wow you were young." Will said.

"not as young as you think. I was a few thousand years old when it started." Ironhide said. Will rolled over to look at him.

"a few thousand? well how old does that make you now?" Will ask. he couldn't contain his curiosity. Ironhide huffed a chuckle.

"old enough." Ironhide smiled.

"how old would I be in your years?" Will ask, rolling back over to look at the sky.

"about my age." Ironhide replied. Will nodded slightly, smiling as Ironhide warmed his chest plate up some to keep him from getting cold.

"so how old does that make Optimus?" Will ask.

"little older, probably about 5 or 10 years older than us. before you ask. Ratchet is probably about 25 years older. he's old." Ironhide said. Will laughed. he got quiet after a minute.

"Hide?" Will ask.

"hmm?" Ironhide ask.

"what do you miss most about Cybertron?" Will ask. Ironhide thought a moment.

"the lights." Ironhide replied. "from my home, I could see the lights over Cybertron. they were very nice. the planet was always full of life and it didn't matter who you were. Decepticon or Autobot, bots were bots." Ironhide added.

"I... did not expect an answer like that from you." Will admitted.

"I haven't always been a trigger happy weapons specialist." Ironhide chuckled.

"what do you miss the least?" Will ask. Ironhide frowned thinking a moment.

"hmm... well... life wasn't as fun on Cybertron as it is here on Earth." Ironhide replied. "plus without all the planets lights, I can see the stars here a lot better." Ironhide added.

"oh would that be your favorite part of Earth?" Will ask.

"not quite. my favorite part of Earth would be speeding around in the desert, blowning up targets, and relaxing." Ironhide smiled. Will nodded.

"and your least favorite?" Will ask curiously.

"that we brought our war to our planet." Ironhide replied. Will nodded watching the sky. "and what is your favorite part?" Ironhide ask.

"these late night calming conversations with you. they're nice and the best part of my week." Will smiled. Ironhide was honestly surprised.

"really?" Ironhide ask.

"yup. I mean. we don't do this often, but when we do, I learn more about you and the others. whenever we do this, is makes me relax." Will said. Ironhide huffed a small chuckle, as though he were trying to brush that answer off.

"whats your least favorite?" Ironhide ask.

"do you want complete honesty like the last answer or something that just bothers me?" Will ask.

"either one is fine." Ironhide shrugged.

"the twins really annoy the fuck out of me." Will said. Ironhide laughed, making the soldier bounce some. Will laughed and smiled.

"that was not complete honesty." Ironhide said.

"yes it was. I hate those fraggers sometimes, they're always so annoying with their pranks and shit." Will said. Ironhide scoffed. "my real least favorite... hmm..." Will trailed. Will of course knew his least favorite. "how honest you want me to be?" Will ask.

"as honest as you want." Ironhide replied.

"my least favorite thing is one day I'm gonna die and be just a little blimp in your memories and the others memories and thousands of years from now, if the Earth still exists, you guys will still be here. you guys won't remember me, or Sam, or Epps, or any of us. you'll have moved on had hundreds of human allies and we'll just be a bunch of humans who faught a war we didn't have a stake in." Will said. Ironhide was silent. that really wasn't what he had expected.

"let me show you something." Ironhide said. Will nodded and let the Autobot move him off his chest. a projection suddenly appeared out of his chest. it was a bot Will had never seen.

"whose that?" Will ask, looking at the projection.

"someone who died when I was a sparkling." Ironhide said. Will looked confused.

"your... whatever you call them? parents?" Will ask. Ironhide chuckled.

"creator and yes. thousands of years ago he died. I still remember him." Ironhide explained. "how long ago did we meet?" Ironhide ask. Will had no doubt the Autobot knew the exact date and time.

"2 years ago." Will said. Ironhide chuckled.

"2 years, 6 months, 22 hours, 42 minutes, 16 seconds." Ironhide said.

"yeah and?" Will ask. Ironhide showed him another projection, Will recognized it as their first ride home after they met. he could see the inside of the truck, but the projection was focused on Will, who was laughing and cheering. Will remembered Ironhide had hit the biggest pothole on accident and sent the flying. Will laughed. "I remember that. we hit a pothole, you were so pissed." Will laughed. Ironhide chuckled and shut the image off. "I don't understand. why'd you show me those?" Will ask.

"I won't forget you. I save my favorite memories so I never lose them." Ironhide said. he showed Will another projection, it was Annabells first steps. there was another of Cybertron showing the lights Ironhide had talked about previously. Will watched them. there was even a projection of Will during their first battled. when he'd slid on his back under some Decepticon Will couldn't remember the name of, and blew him up. the projections shut off and Will sat still, looked at the space where it'd been. he then looked at Ironhide.

"sometimes I wish I could do that, but it's nice to know you won't just forget me." Will smiled. Ironhide grabbed him, sitting up. he put Will on the ground and folded his legs, sitting and watching Will.

"so that is your least favorite part of Earth?" Ironhide ask.

"it was." Will nods. Ironhide nodded and got up transforming. he opened the door and allowed Will to get in. "thanks Hide." Will smiled.

"of course Will." Ironhide replied, speeding off. Will really did enjoy their little conversations. they made his day.