Chapter-61 Got a secret, can you keep it?

Daksh stood still, breathing heavily. It felt like somebody had punched him right in the face. For the first time in his life, he felt defeated. He felt his heart shattering into a million pieces.

Because what’s worse than knowing you want something, besides knowing you can never have it?

He felt Mitali's hand grip his , pityingly. No, the last thing he wanted was to see anyone pity him. He hated pity.

He freed himself from Mitali's grip, and stormed back to his room. And tears came before he could stop them, boiling hot then instantly freezing on his face, and what was the point in wiping them off? Or pretending? He let them fall.

Mitali helplessly saw the situation unfold. She knew comforting Daksh was something she could not do. She knew what that feeling better than anyone else. What it felt like to see someone you love with someone else.

But there was one thing that she was sure that she would do. And that was to stop her friend from digging her own grave.

She was about to go up to Ananya,who was now saying her goodbyes to Ishaan, and probably promising to meet him later. But sudden thought struck her and she decided against it. Many of Kavya and Jai's relatives were there. And she knew that if she confronted Ananya, she would surely loose her cool. So she decided to wait until the mehendi function was over to confront her.

Both of them,if required.

              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shanu: Kya?!

Mitali nodded her head in distress, after deciding it was best to discuss the matter with Shanu. After all, Shanu was the only person to know Ananya longer than anyone else.

Shanu was about to face palm herself but decided against it. Because the  mehendi in her hand wouldn't really look good on her face.

The mehendi girl who was busy drawing on her other hand, glared at her. Shanu and Mitali gave her their best fake smile and she went back to doing her job.

Shanu:(in a whisper) Par kyu? Kaise? Yeh sab kab hua?! Tune mujhe bataya kyu nahi?

Mitali:(whisper) Mujhe bhi aaj subah hi pata chala hai Shanu. And honestly,tu pehli bandi hai jisko maine yeh baat batai hai.

Shanu: Nahi Mitali! I'm sure tujhe koi galat phehmi hui hai. Anu spent 6 months to get over that guy. I have seen her struggle. Why would she go back to him after all of that?

Mitali:(sighing) I wish I was wrong, Shanu.  But we saw them,in each other's arms, talking and laughing.

Shanu: Wait...... we?

Mitali: Yeah, well......... Daksh was with me. He saw them too.

Shanu's face fell. She closed her eyes in frustration.

Shanu: Oh My God........I feel so bad for him. Sahil told me that he sensed something was off when Daksh came to their room. But he didn't question it, thinking it was probably something personal. Oh God...

Mitali: Where is he ? Did you see him?

Shanu: I don't think he came down.

Mitali: (eyeing Ananya,who was busy laughing and taking pictures with Tapasya) Well, can you blame him?

Shanu: But Mitali, we've got to do something. We can't let Anu go through that same pain again.

Mitali: I know, I know. Don't worry, okay? We'll talk to her after the functions' over. I'm sure she has a good explanation for this.

Shanu: I hope so.

Mitali: Yeah, but listen, this is only between me, you and Daksh, okay? No one should know about this, not even Sahil. Okay?