Ch.9 ❌ [Undercover]

Kiku's POV

I lead Nagito-kun through the bustling streets, we were headed to that cafe that we went on our last date. "Why'd you take me out here Kiku-kun?" he asked me as he pulled me towards the side to avoid the cluster of people walking. I sigh in relief. "I'm taking you out on a date." I answered and he looked at me surprised. "Oh?" he asked and I nodded. We arrived in front of the RestoCafe and entered, we sat on the same booth as from before. I ordered a large parfait and Nagito-kun laughed at me. "You really do love Parfaits." he said looking at me. "Of course! You got me hooked up with this place." I answered as he chuckled.

"After this, where do you want to go?" I asked him, he looked surprised and closed his eyes in thought. "Mm, wherever you want to go to." I frowned at his answer. "Eh~ what kind of answer is that." I pouted at him. "Ahah, gomen, gomen. But I'm happy as long as you're with me." he said with a smile. "Hmm." I hummed looking out the window.

⊱─━━━━━━⊱༻⚪༺⊰━━━━━━─⊰

╭━⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅━╮
Eariler Today
╰━⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅━╯

I was doodling on a notebook while Nagito-kun went to the bathroom. I jumped as Ibuki-chan's hands slammed on my desk, I looked up at her grinning face. And then I realized that everyone has surrounded me. "What is it?" I asked nervously. "What's your plan?" Fuyuhiko-kun asked me. I looked at him confused. "Huh? What plan??" I asked and they all sighed at me. "What???" I asked again. "Kiku-kun don't tell us you forgot." Sonia-san said to me with a frown. I shook my head not following what they're saying.

"Tch what a pea brain." Hiyoko-chan muttered. "HAH?!" I exclaimed. "Enough." Byakuya-san interrupted. "So you don't know that it's Nagito's Birthday today?" Hajime-kun asked beside me. I looked at him with wide eyes. "Eh?..." I whispered and Mahiru-san facepalmed. "How long have you been dating, like a month? And you don't know his birthday?" she asked shaking her head. 'It's his birthday? He never said anything to me though...' I looked down with a frown. "Well how did you guys know?" I asked them crossing my arms. "Byakuya-san researched it." Chiaki-san answered and I looked at him who looked away with a snob.

"Okay, I didn't know it was his birthday, what am I gonna do?" I asked myself as I face planted on my desk. "Hopeless." I hear someone say. "Since you don't have a plan, let me tell you mine." Hajime-kun said making me look at him. "All you have to do is distract Nagito, take him out on a date or whatever while we set up a birthday party here. Sounds good?" we agreed to his idea. "He's coming!!" Mikan-chan yelled as they scrambled back to their seats acting natural as Nagito-kun came back in. He looked a bit confused as he went to me.

"Did something happen here?" he asked as he sat down on my desk. "No, why do you ask?" I lied to him hoping he wouldn't see through my mask. He observed me. I looked behind him to see Ryota-kun showing me his phone that said. {Go now.} "Hmm--" "Wanna go out in town?" I ask standing up. He looked at me surprised by my outburst. "Uh, sure." he agreed and I tug him outside as Ibuki-chan flashed us a thumbs up and was tackled by Hiyoko-chan.

⊱─━━━━━━⊱༻⚪༺⊰━━━━━━─⊰

╭━⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅━╮
Back to the present
╰━⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅━╯

I thanked the waiter when he placed the parfait in front of us. I took a spoonful and placed it in my mouth I moan from the sweetness. I fed him aswell, he was quietly observing me. My phone buzzed in my pocket indicating a message. "Excuse me." I said taking my phone out, it was from Hajime-kun my eyes widen at this. [Stall him a bit longer, there were a few problems. I'll text you when we're done.] the text said, I sighed. 'You guys...He's already suspecting me as it is...' I thought replying to his message. "Who is it from?" he asked suddenly making me jump. I looked at him nervously as he stared at me with a blank face. "U-uhm, just from my aunt, asking how I am." I answered him trying to sound convincing. He didn't say anything else as we continued eating. After finishing, he paid for it even though I insisted since I was the one who asked him.