Chapter 11: Don't Apologize

I sniff, crying possibly my millionth tear. "I can't believe I actually thought he liked me. Of course he'd ditch me for Kaelyn."

Moriah hugs me. "Yeah cause he's a little bitch and we're not going to let him take control of your emotions. You're so much better off without him."

"Thank you for doing this." I say sadly. "I know I've been hanging out with Avery a lot and less with you and Tana but you guys are amazing."

"I know we are." Moriah pats my head.

My phone begins to ring. I pick it up. The caller ID says Avery.

"Don't pick it up Oakleigh!" Moriah says just as I press the pick up button.

"Sorry," I sob.

Moriah takes the phone and holds it up to her ear.

"Yeah. Hi Avery. [pause] No. this is Moriah." She says coldly. "And I thought you were better then that. Kaelyn? Really? I expected more from you. If you ever even TALK to Oakleigh again, I will hurt you just like you hurt her, but worse. And you know what Avery? Oakleigh is doing GREAT. She looks so hot and you couldn't even handle her. She makes Kaelyn look like a GOAT. Goodbye Asshole." Moriah presses the end call button.

I almost laugh. "Moriah that was awesome. Thank you so much."

We hug for a little bit. 

We sit on my bed, surrounded by a giant amount of tissues and some candy Moriah bought. She truly is literally the greatest.

"Oakleigh, I know you have a broken heart but do you want to go to dinner, just you, me, and Tana? Or stay here and we can bring you back food?" Moriah asks.

"No it's okay I want to come." I get up. "You're right. I'm not letting stupid Avery ruin my evening in New York City."

I get dressed into a cute yellow sundress and put my hair into a sleek high ponytail. Then we head out and meet Tana.

Tana meets us downstairs, she's with everyone else, but stepped away from where Avery is, talking to Ben and Emilio. Tana is chatting with Quinn.

"Hey guys." Tana says.

"Hi Tana. Hi Quinn." I say.

"Hey Oakleigh." Quinn says. "I heard about what happened. That's awful. Ben and Emilio are yelling at him right now."

I look over in surprise. "Oh yeah."

Ben and Emilio are yelling at Avery, who just looks guilty and a bit sad. Serves him right.

"I can't fucking believe you!" Emilio. "I actually thought you were cool for a bit."

"Cheating is such a fucking awful thing to do. You're a terrible person. What kind of shitty person cheats on someone like Oakleigh?"

I almost start crying again. "Awe they didn't have to do that! They're so nice! Moriah I approve of  your boyfriend." 

"Thanks Oakleigh," Moriah laughs. "Now let's go to dinner without your lame ex!"

I laugh, my eyes still a bit watery, but I keep the tears in since I'm wearing my new eye shadow and I don't want it to get ruined. 

We walk away from the scene on our way to dinner.

"Let's talk about something other than boys." Tana says. "So. What do you guys think of Erin Mackerel?"

"The YouTuber?" Moriah asks. "I think she's cool. Her eyebrows are really nice."

"Her eyebrows?" I ask.

"Yeah, they're very... shapely." Moriah says.

We all laugh.

"What do you actually think of her videos though?" Tana asks.

We laugh and talk all the way to dinner and it's really nice not to have to worry about the guys or Avery or anything. Just hanging out with the girls.

"Guys we need a squad name." Moriah says as we eat ridiculous amounts of garlic bread at the Italian place we decided to go to.

"Um... the A team?" I suggest. "Wait never mind that's boring."

Tana taps her chin. "Triangle Squad? Cause there's three of us?" 

"Oh wait!" Moriah says, her eyes wide. "The Fineapples!"

We burst out laughing.

"Yessss! Let's do it!" I say. "That is amazing."

We all nods and bump fists. "To the Fineapples."

And that's how we officially became a squad.