chapter twenty

indie had done nothing but lay in bed sniffling all day with calum out and about trying to make sure she was comfortable in the state she was in even though she has repeated multiple times how she was fine and asked him to go home or scold him for putting her first instead of himself.

"calum, go home," indie groaned. "you mum is going to be worried about you."

"my mum knows i'm here babe," he told her, stroking her bare arms. "it's okay, do you need anything else?"

"yeah, i need you to go home because you have school tomorrow." she snorted, shoving him with her shoulder, lightly.

"i can always skip–"

"calum thomas hood!" she warned. "you are not going to skip school because of me, joy wouldn't approve."

"since when did you know my middle name?"

"ashton told me." indie shrugged, her voice croaky. "he was at camp."

"was he?" something in calum sparked his jealousy. "why?"

"their service thing, we didn't do very much together though, he had his own group to hang around with."

"he didn't try anything, did he?" calum asked, trying his best to stay calm and collected. indie shot him a look and scoffed.

"no, he has a girlfriend, remember?"

"who? sarah?" calum stifled a laugh. "they're only fuck buddies."

"wait seriously?" indie asked, sitting up slightly, her head resting on the headboard. "she was so nice though!"

"yeah, that's exactly why he wanted to stay fuck buddies." calum sighed, tracing small patterns on her arm, sending little sparks up and down her body.

"well then," indie pursed her lips, laughing slightly but stopped when she started coughing, "oh my god that hurts."

"your throat?"

she nodded. "then drink water," he giggled, taking the water bottle from the bedside drawer. "it'll help and i'll go get some panadol and advil and also cough drops-"

"calum! go home!" indie yelled, cutting him off making him flinch and drop his water bottle.

"asshole." calum scoffed. "do you really hate me?"

"of course not!" she rolled her eyes at her naive boyfriend. "your parents are going to hate me for keeping you in my house for so long, you need to go home, spend time with your family, study and go to school."

"fine fine," calum gave up, surrendering his hands, kissing her on the cheek and pulling a shirt over his head. "i'll see you soon?"

"yes baby, you will." indie groaned, attempting to throw a pillow his way which he dodged and laugh.

"baby?" he smirked at the new nickname. "that's new."

"i like it." she shrugged.

"i like it too," he kissed her on the lips profoundly, not expecting the pout on her face when he pulled away. "what? what's wrong?"

"you're going to get sick," she said.

"sick from mono that is," he winked before walking out of her room, leaving the door completely open.

x x x

"indie?" luke appeared in front of her door, she looked up at him and smiled.

"hey luke," she rolled out of bed, strolling towards the door. "what's up?"