Rules and How it Works

How the club works

Once accepted, you must follow this account and our admin accounts, and we will follow yours back and you will be placed into a group of three or four, depending on the size of applicants. The groups will be tagged together in an assignment page that we create each week, this is why it is essential that you follow us so that you can keep updated.

After acceptance, you must also add this the book into your library.

 You will have one week to comment on three chapters of all of your group members' books. 

Once you have completed the assignment, you must state it in the assignment comment page. Guideline: "I am a member of group 1 and have completed my assignment for this week." Then we will check your comments. You must comment your group number so it makes it easier for us.

After you have commented that you have completed the assignment, we will check it. We will either reply that everything is okay or tell you that you need to go back and do it again. If anyone fails to complete the deadline or doesn't correct what we tell them to correct then they will be given 1 strike at the next assignment update. 

Each member has 2 strikes until they are removed from the club. (It used to be 3, but so many people took advantage of this and it wasn't fair) 

If you give a genuine reasoning to a delay then you will be placed on a pending list. You will not be added into future assignments until your current assignment is completed. 

You can request an extension by PMing the club account and giving your reasoning. This will remove the strike.

We operate on a customer service basis. Meaning, we will dedicate our time to helping with complaints, queries, and we will give support to anyone that requires it. 

Each week we will choose a BOTW. This is not random, we decide on the BOTW by observing which members are sticking to the rules and giving the best feedback to their group members. The BOTW winner will have 2 chapters of their book read and reviewed by all members, but we will outline the rules of that in the assignment page.

If you have any questions about the above, please comment here. 

Rules 

Rules are important to every book club, and we are dedicated to making sure every single member follows these rules if they wish to continue.

Rule 1: Your book must be in English.

Rule 2: Your book must be a work of fiction and your own work. If we get complaints of plagiarism regarding your book then you will be removed.

Rule 3: You must have at least 9 chapters uploaded. This covers you for 3 weeks, but if you wish to remain in the club longer then you must upload a further 3.

Rule 4: Your comments must meet our standard. Not the author/group member's standard but OUR standard. You will be required to give a detailed review of each chapter, including references to specific characters, events, and the plot. We will check all your comments, and trust me, oh trust me, we know every trick in the book. More rules regarding comments will be outlined in the assignment page.

Rule 5: Author's notes and descriptions DO NOT count as chapters. If anyone reviews an author's note instead of the actual first chapter then you will be given a strike. Prologues DO count as a first chapter, but if you skip this and review the next 3 chapters you must inform us.

Rule 6: Any delays with assignment deadlines must be communicated with us immediately. Do not wait until the day of the deadline to tell us you aren't completing it. We don't take kindly to being messed around.

Rule 7: You must treat all group members with respect and kindness. Your criticism towards a chapter will be accepted as long as it is positive and isn't a direct insult to an author. If you receive negative criticism from one of your group members that you find to be breaking this rule then do not delete the comments. We have had this issue in the past where a member complained to us about another member but deleted their comments so we had no evidence to remove them from the club. Always keep the evidence and show it to us.

Rule 8: Have fun! We might be strict but we love to engage with our members when we get the chance! 

If you have any questions about the rules then comment here.

Please also comment that you have "read and understood the rules" in the comment section below. 

All good? Continue to the application >>>>