Expecting

This is an AU, obviously. So, everyone is human! It's a modern day, slice-of-life, friends-to-lovers, fic! Enjoy!

Pan is Goku and Chi-Chi's daughter. Why? Because I can, that's why.

This is my only disclaimer- I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING DRAGON BALL, DRAGON BALL Z, DRAGON BALL GT, OR DRAGON BALL SUPER.

I am just simply a girl writing fanfics for my OTP.

1 - Expecting

Two lines. Two lines. Pregnant.

Pan swallowed the lump in her throat as she looked at the three pregnancy tests in front of her. The nausea she had been feeling on and off again for the last month reared its ugly head and she swallowed down the bile that threatened to come up. Dread filled her body from head-to-toe.

Being pregnant at eighteen and in her last year of High School was something that Pan never thought would happen to her. She was a good student and at the top of her class. She wasn't a virgin, though. A few months ago, she and her boyfriend at the time, Shun had unprotected sex. It had been the first and last time they had ever slept together, and the whole ordeal had been rather quick and disappointing for Pan. Their breakup had been a blessing in disguise, and Pan hadn't thought much about Shun until now. She had been so sure back then that it had been okay. It had been her first time, and pregnancies for first-timers were rare, weren't they?

Looking back, Pan knew she should have known better. It's what she got for being careless. She took a deep breath to try to calm her erratic heart. It was the middle of Christmas Break, so she would have a bit of time on her hands before she had to worry about telling Shun the news. Still, she knew she had to tell her parents, and that thought gripped at her insides and made her frozen with fear. Pan wasn't scared of getting yelled at, but the thought that she would see a disappointing look on her mother's face made her tremble.

Pan knew she could try to hide it, but she knew it wouldn't last long. Plus, she didn't want to keep something like this a secret. She knew she would need help - she had no idea how to handle a baby or even to handle pregnancy. The urge to run down the stairs and throw herself into her mother's lap was almost overwhelming.

Slowly, Pan stood up from her spot on her bathroom floor and picked up the pregnancy test. She laid them on her counter carefully before she looked at her reflection. Her shoulder-length dark hair was pushed back behind her ears, and her face looked extra pale. Dark circles due to sickness and stress were starting to form under her eyes. Her family believed she had caught a stomach bug, and Pan had too until she had missed her period. Only Bulla had known of her worries, and it had been Bulla who picked up the pregnancy tests for her. Pan would text her later to let her know the results - if she still had a phone or a life after talking with her parents.

Pan washed her face and dried it off before walking out of her room. Her parents were downstairs in the living room, cuddled up together on the couch. Pan felt queasy as she stepped into the room and took a seat on the edge of the recliner beside the couch. Her mother glanced up and smiled at her.

"How are you feeling, Sweetheart?"

Pan's throat tightened instantly. Her eyes widened as tears started running down her cheeks. Her chest felt tight and a lump rose into her throat. What had she done? She was going to make them so disappointed.

"Panny!" Goku yelped as they jumped up from the couch. He ran to the side of the chair and started rubbing Pan's back and Chi-Chi knelt down in front of her and tried to wipe Pan's face.

"Honey, what's wrong?" Chi-Chi asked, her voice high with alarm.

"I- I'm pregnant," Pan choked out. She wasn't sure if her parents heard her or not, but they stilled and with her heart threatening to leap out of her throat, Pan whispered hoarsely, "I'm pregnant."