Friday Night Bites

Early in the morning, Alec was sleeping peacefully in his room. Suddenly, his alarm went off, startling him awake. He sat up after shutting it off and got out of his bed. 

...

In the Salvatore Boarding House, Diedra gasped awake from a restless sleep. She took a moment to calm herself down, before she got up.

...

After getting changed, Alec grabbed his phone and hesitated for a moment. He and Diedra and exchanged numbers the night before and he wanted to call her, but he didn't want to bother her if she didn't want to talk. Trying to calm himself down, he sent her a simple text before finishing getting ready for work. 

...

After taking a hot shower to try to rid herself of some of her tension, Diedra wrapped her towel around herself and walked over to her vanity. She picked up her phone and noticed that she got a text. Once she opened it, her face lit up in a smile. It was a just a simple "good morning" text from Alec, and it had cheered her up. Diedra quickly responded before putting her phone down to start doing her makeup.

Diedra heard a knock on her door, but, before she can respond, Damon walked in.

"I could have been changing," she told him, unbothered. He just waved it off. "Help me pick out an outfit."

Damon groaned, but went over to her closet anyway. "What type of look are you going for today?"

Diedra thought about it for a second as she put on a light layer of makeup. "Something a little less showing today." Damon grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans and a red tank top. To go with them, he grabbed her leather jacket and heeled combat boots and set everything on her bed. Diedra thanked him with a smile.

"So," he begun as he laid on her bed. "are you going to see this guy you were talking about today?" 

"Hopefully," she responded. "By the way, where did you go last night?"

Damon covered his eyes as she started to change. "With that perky blonde cheerleader I was telling you about. I just came home to change really quick and to talk."

"Let me guess, you've compelled her to believe she cares about you, even if you hurt her." Damon didn't have to open his eyes to know that Diedra was giving him a disapproving look. She didn't like it when he did that. He took advantage of girls, and she thought that was wrong.

"Look, she's friends with Elena. It's a great way to get to Stefan," he tried to defend.

Diedra just rolled her eyes and finished changing. Damon was far too stubborn for her to get through to him. Besides, if he thought she was turning against him, he would lash out and cause a lot more problems. The last thing anyone needed was for Damon to feel alone. It wouldn't end well. The best she could do was protect this girl from a distance and try to keep her brother from getting angry.