S01E01 - Fall in Line

Instant Camera

"Fall in Line"

Written By
Corbin Forester

Music By
Aqua

April 24th, 2019

-

INSTANT CAMERA

"Fall in Line"

TEASER

FADE IN:

INT. HALLWAY - DAY

JC, The Square, an antisocial teenage boy with an independent attitude and hard exterior, walks into the school, dragging his feet. All of the next events should be taken with ONE CAMERA PANNING across the whole school. CHRISSIE, The Wisecracker, a smart-alec nervous DJ with a large canvas bag weighing down her shoulder crosses JC's path. He bumps her shoulder on accident, and she drops her large canvas bag, items spilling out.

CHRISSIE
Watch it.

PETER, The Jerkass, a very professional-looking athletic boy with I'm-better-than-all-of-these-hoes energy, smirks and walks past both of them thirsty for the drama. He crosses over to the bulletin board. ATHENA, The Dork, a girl with colorful hair and a positive aura, is shoved away from the bulletin board by Peter where the club sign-up sheets are.

ATHENA
Hey! I wasn't finished writing my name!

PETER
Do you realize who you're talking to? I am Peter Ross. I studied in France for three years. I already have all of my core class credits, so I don't have to take them anymore. Which means I can take as many art classes as I want. I'm taking all of them, by the way, but I'm still going to sign up for the afterschool clubs to show my school spirit.

ATHENA
I was joining the Green Club.

PETER
What a waste of time. Picking up trash, promoting solar panels and recycling and stuff... Some people, I just will never understand.

Athena scoffs and walks away from Peter and goes over to her locker. She opens it violently and hits someone in the face.

ATHENA
Oh, my God, are you okay?

MARKUS, The Ditz, a teen boy with a goofy personality, steps out from behind Athena's locker door, holding his bleeding nose.

MARKUS
(sincerely)
Yeah, I'm fine, it's just pain.

ATHENA
You're bleeding.

Markus looks down at his hand.

MARKUS
(just noticing)
Oh yeah.

Athena shuts her locker and grabs his arm.

ATHENA
Here, I'm taking you to the nurse. Lean forward and cover your nose with something to stop the flow of blood.

MARKUS
I am covering it.

Athena unzips her jacket and gives it to him.

ATHENA
Use my jacket.

MARKUS
Are you sure?