Prologue

A/N: hey, due to a recent rise in story theft, I would like to specify that I'm Tortollino and I wrote this fic on Wattpad in 2020. If you are reading this under a different username or on a different site, please motify me as soon as possible!

Thank you and I hope you enjoy the story <3
--------------------------------------------------------

Leilah PoV

Can't she be happy? Would it really affect her that much? I looked at her pitifully distraught expression. I only did this for her to be happy. If she isn't then what's the point? But I can't let her go there, she'll get hurt as the best case scenario. I guess I could...

No. It  would only put targets on our backs. He's done for. 

I sighed and walked over to Seraphina. I unfroze her and hugged her tightly, "I'm sorry, but you have to carry on."

"Yeah.", she whispered into my neck, " That's what he would want."

We stood in an embrace while I soothed her until she could breathe properly again . Then we slowly left the scene.

Wellston Private Highschool

Sera PoV

It's been a month since John's capture. Everyone in school had noticed their king's sudden disappearance. Some people thought he just moved schools while others thought that the headmaster expelled him for his act as Joker. 

But almost everyone was happy to have him gone, since most were scared shi*less of him. Other than myself, Vaughn and Doc, only Blyke seemed worried about the boy. Blyke had admitted that he was starting to get along with John but he just up and left.

I wanted to tell him the truth about what happened, but Vaughn and Leilah  forbid it. So I had to lie to Blyke and say that I had no idea what happened either. That's what I told all the royals once they got nosy. 

I had returned to my position as Ace. Above everyone else in every aspect. Alone. Grieving over John in solitude.

But I wasn't going to waste my life away. Not again. I wouldn't miss my chance to make the world better for others, for the weakest. I wanted to make him proud and keep to what I told Evie in the boba shop.

I am going to be a superhero.

John PoV

...

...

"When was the last time he's slept?"

"Two days ago, sir. But he woke up after about two hours covered in sweat."

"So progress. What has he eaten?"

"Barely anything, sir."

"For how long?! "

"Over a week, sir."

"No wonder he's so weak!! Make him eat, force feed him if you have to! We can't  have him starving himself!", Sir, stomped away from the cell while the guard, named Benji, still stared into the room through the glass pane.

He was looking at me. I knew that. There wasn't anything else to look at in this room. I was sat on my bed and facing a wall. As usual. My mind was eerily quiet and empty. But I didn't need to think. 

All I had to do is obey and submit to my superiors. I had to follow their orders, that was my job. 

Sir and I have been having our sessions for 15 minutes every single day. But if I defied him in any way we had to have more sessions that day. Like when I tried to escape with... s-Sera? Yeah that sounds about right.