Chapter 7

WARNING

This chapter contains mentions of:

-Anorexia/ self-starving

-self-harm

-suicide

If you are triggered or upset by any of these topics please skip this chapter. Honestly, though, this whole story focusses on these themes, so warning for the future, I guess.

Till next time <3

----------------------------------------------------

"John, stop! See? It's me, Sera."

With his hand starting to tremble, he continued to stare at the photo. He focused on her relaxed and appealing face, while his mind replayed the moment she drew her last breath. He reimagined her peaceful expression twisting and contouring into one of pain and anguish. It wasn't difficult; he remembered it.

John remembered sensing her aura in that alley. He remembered hiding in the shadows to draw her out. He remembered seeing her and walking towards her, as she begged for mercy.

The kill was easy. Sera didn't put up a fight. She knew she didn't stand a chance. John could still see her tears spilling over when she desperately pleaded for him to spare her. He could still see the life fade from her pretty, blue eyes when the sidewalk was painted red with her blood.

Gripping the phone tighter, he felt sick to the stomach. His attention was still pinned to the screen, while he continued to analyse Sera's face. That's when he realised that she was gone. He always understood what his missions entailed, but this time he truly felt a personal loss. A tragedy. He would never see her again, no matter what he would do.

Even though his dulled mind didn't fully grasp the weight and impact of this realisation, he felt his heart shatter. He fiercely pulled at his hair, trying to yank chunks of it out at a time.

"Woah! Calm down." Benji quickly grabbed the boys wrist, detangling his fingers from his hair. "What's wrong? What happened?"

Glancing up at him, John saw the comfort and sympathy in the man's face. I don't deserve his kindness. I am a murderer and a monster. I don't deserve anything!

Dropping the phone onto the floor, he rushed to the porcelain bowl, gagging in disgust at himself. The arched his back as his reflexes kicked in. His empty stomach churned and he wreathed in pain, spitting up into the bowl.

The acid burned his throat and left an unpleasant taste in his mouth. He clenched his teeth, wiping the liquid that dripped from his lips. This can't be it! I haven't suffered enough yet!

"John! Stop! That's enough." Benji called, "What happened?!"

Without hesitation, John shoved his index finger into his mouth, thrusting it against the back of his throat. Immediately, he choked up more stomach acid; there wasn't anything else. He was already exhausted, so he clung to the seat with his scrawny fingers, sinking back down onto the cold floor with the rest of his body. He bit his crusty lip, withholding a cry. Tears slid down his angled cheeks. He killed his friend. He murdered her. He enjoyed it. How could he live with himself now?!

The man crouched down next to him, "What's wrong? Talk to me." he placed a hand on his shoulder comfortingly. John flinched at the contact. Wide-eyed he whispered, "I-I killed h-her."

Benji squinted, confused, "What? You killed who?"

"I k-killed... her.", trembling, he pointed to the cracked phone on the floor, which was still open on Sera's photo.