💋𝟐𝟐.

"Loyalty. . ."
-Kendrick Lamar & Rihanna💋

Chapter 22:

Ariel

Tuesday Night

Tuesday Night

Ariel's unsteady hand's shook uncontrollably as she chopped the peppers and onions on the cutting board. She took a deep breath.

Why am I so fuckin' nervous? she questioned silently as she worked swiftly, following the recipe book to a tee, trying to complete the meal she was preparing for August before he arrived at her apartment.

Her chef Holly had offered to prepare the meal for them, but Ariel insisted on cooking for her man. She wanted to use this time for them to have a conversation that was long over due, and didn't want any distractions.

Her hazel-green eyes darted towards the clock. She didn't have much time. She needed to be dressed and finished before he knocked on her door.

She stuffed the seasoned chicken breast, garnished the broccoli with parmesan cheese, and spice bake then put it into the oven. She prepared a special lemon butter sauce to drizzle over the top of it once it was done baking.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Glancing over at her cell phone resting on the counter top, she saw Jarod calling her, which was the sixth time today. She sucked her teeth silencing the call, as she turned her phone face down on to the counter.

Ariel didn't know how she had gotten so deeply involved with Jarod, but she was ready for it all to end. She wasn't acting like herself, and the pressure that he was putting on her to make another drug run for him in Jersey City, was becoming overwhelming.

She had been ignoring him for the past few days because he obviously couldn't take No for an answer, but she knew that she had to put an end to this mess as soon as possible. Ariel's head was spinning.

As she quickly moved around in the kitchen in a hurry while doing a million things at once, Ariel accidentally knocked over the bowls of rice and salad that she had already prepared to go along with the main course, on to the clean tile floor.

"Shit!!" she cursed in frustration, as she angrily stomped her foot.

Ariel ran to the counter grabbing a few paper towels, attempting to clean the mess up as she bent down trying to gather the spilled food from the ground.

Knock! Knock! Knock! Hearing the sudden knock on her front door startled her.

He can't be here yet. It's only eight o'clock. He's not supposed to be here until nine, she panicked.