Part 12 : Shooting Stars

~Intro : Keyakizaka46 -
  Dare Yori Mo Takaku tobe! ~

Before the next day can rise, the breaking news of the scandal is disclosed. "From numerous sources, it is clear that there was no set evidence, showing the accused drivers: Hirate Yurina, Imaizumi Yui, Suzumoto Miyu and Habu Mizuho, were not involved in any kind of illegal and/or unjust actions." Sugai Yuuka, the top journalist and pit lane expert for the A.K.B. (Automotive Knowledgable Body) speaks her words loud and clear.
"The Formula Masters Finale at Fuji Speeedway will continue as planned!"

Both Moriya Akane of Aichi-Scuderia and Nagahama Neru of Keyaki-Corsa, still awake that evening monitoring the official news channel sigh with great relief.

Neru knew she made the correct decision in entrusting the clever journalist. "Thank you, Yuuka." She whispers to herself.

..because what is a Championship without the top competitors in the races..

"See you when the 'lights go out!"

The stage lights dim, as the Television program Sugai hosts comes to it's end. Yuuka's thoughts return to home, where she makes her way back to her staffing agency building under the AKB to organize the news for tomorrow, Friday; the beginning of the race weekend.

All alone in her room, as she thumbs through her phone, the thought of the boy she met earlier that day crosses her mind.

Risao Watanabe is an accomplished T.v. personality in his own right and the lover of the late Shida Manaka, but he did mention of Imaizumi Yui of Keyaki-Corsa..

Perhaps Risao has someone else that he is falling for the same way she is falling for him.
She reminisces of the dinner he treated her to that night before they parted ways. "Even if I am only a friend, I'll be happy that we met..." Yuuka strokes her hair behind her ears, she takes one last look outside her window to see a shooting star streak across the sky. She makes a wish as she clutches her hands close to her heart before she falls asleep.

~~~

~~~

Over the Thursday evening, both mechanics and engineers of team Keyaki and Aichi found it very hard to get any rest. They toil away working on the cars that night until their team principals call the 'After Hours' curfew for all the teams. Even though they know that they may disqualified come morning, their belief that a brighter tomorrow gives them the hope they need to push on.

Imaizumi is not able to fall asleep in anticipation of what may happen, throwing caution to the wind, she thinks of the evenings Shida and her spent during the race weekends together, dressing up like they were going to a club, only to enjoy their evenings doing anything but.

Her emotions teeming like a glass overflowing with water, she dresses herself like she was going out with her best friend that is no longer there. She remembers her promise to not shed anymore tears, so in honor of Manaka's friendship, she waits for her boss Neru Nagahama and the rest of the team to turn in for the night before she leaves the safety of her team's paddock the same fashion she always did before.