Chapter 1

"May all cats old enough to hunt their own prey gather below the High Ledge!" Just like every morning the clear voice of Robinstar cut through the air, calling the Clan together for a meeting.

Today, however, is a big day for three certain kits.

Duskkit, Drizzlekit and Scorchkit had already taken place right below the High Ledge, their coats puffed up with pride, all three eyeing their Clan mates with varying expressions.

Scorchkit looked proud, she was carrying herself like a true warrior already and most of GaleClan was sure that she'd make a fine warrior one day, maybe even a deputy.

Drizzlekit looked slightly more nervous, her posture may have been close to rivaling her sister's but her eyes showed an uncertainty that was common among apprentices to be.

Duskkit on the other hand had an almost bored expression on her face, her body slightly slouched over with her shoulders hanging. If you looked closely however, you could see a hint of excitement in her eyes.

As the Clan was gathering together the three were talking amongst themselves.

"I soooo hope Waspsting is going to be my mentor! She's such a great warrior and also our sorta pelts match so it would be perfect right?" Scorchkit was looking at the tan calico with fascination.

Duskkit let out a small scoff at that : "Scorchkit please. She'd be done with you the moment you open your mouth."

The tall she cat looked shocked for a moment before she let out an amused purr. "Yeah and I have nothing but the best wishes for the cat that has to wake you up every morning!"

Duskkit side eyed her sister before crouching down, getting ready to pounce on her. Before she could do that Drizzlekit stepped between them. The fluffy she kit hissed at them to shut up and behave since the Clan had gathered by now and Robinstar was glaring down at them, telling them to get back into position. Quietly.

Shortly after the sisters had gotten back into their initial spots Robinstar spoke up again to start the ceremony.

" Cats of GaleClan! We have gathered here today to witness the first big step in every cat's life! Today is the day where these three kits will become apprentices, training until the day they are ready to become warriors." Robinstar's gaze went down to the she kits. It was clear to everyone that this was their big moment.

Petalwhisker gestured towards Drizzlekit to step up first. The silver she cat nodded shakily and carefully climbed her way up to the High Ledge.

"Drizzlekit. You have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Drizzlepaw! Your mentor will be Dapplebloom. I hope she will pass down everything she knows to you." At that Dapplebloom stepped forward, feeling both proud and happy to be able to mentor her niece.

Drizzlekit jumped back down steadily, meeting with Dapplebloom right in the middle of the Camp. The two she cats were now facing each other, their eyes meeting with an intense gaze.

"Dapplebloom, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from Lavendercall and you have shown yourself to be nurturing and brave. You will be the mentor of Drizzlepaw and I expect you to pass on everything you know to her."

Drizzlepaw raised her head further up to touch noses with her mentor, her body filling with sparks of excitement. She turned around to face the Clan, her face beaming with pride. This was the beginning of her story! The young she cat was sure that she is destined for greatness.