Chapter One

My ceremony is starting soon. Today I am going to be recognized as the Luna of the Black Water Pack. I'm nervous as I've never been to one of these ceremonies before and I'm worried I'll mess up. But I'm grateful for having the Beta and Gamma female's, Ruth and Maggie, here to assist me. They helped dress me and informed me on what to do and when. They helped me into my white dress that has long laced sleeves that hang off my shoulders, showing my mates mark. My mates mark is a beautiful full moon with my mates initials inside, A. M. H.. The dress flows to my ankles and hangs on my bare feet, during this ceremony nobody wears shoes, it's a sign to the Moon Goddess that we are connected to her. I have no jewelry on except for the gold earrings Abe's mother gave me from her ceremony. My blonde hair is pulled off my neck and in place by two gold clips that over-lap each other. I wear no makeup and no perfume, as everything should be as natural as our wolves, how the Moon Goddess made us.

Ruth and Maggie wear dresses similar to mine. Theirs are also white but stop just below the knee and they show off their mate marks but their sleeves stop at the elbow instead of the wrist like mine. They are also barefoot with their hair put up is similar ways as mine. It was hard getting use to the summer heat here in Georgia compared to West Virginia but I love this place too much to complain. And I'm thankful for these two girls that have helped me adjust to the pack life so easily. Thankful that this pack has accepted me. Most packs do not like to have different wolves come in from a different pack and be in such a high position such as Luna or Beta.

The ceremony is starting as the full moon is at it's highest point. The ladies walk out in front of me and down a path marked by blue and white flowers laid on both sides. The packed dirt underneath my feet is cold but the eyes of my pack staring at me are warm. They stomp their feet as I past and I feel the moon shine down on me, as if the Moon Goddess was accepting me now.

This pack is accepting me as their Luna.

I look around me smiling, thanking everyone with my eyes. I look forward seeing Abe. Abe Hanlon, my mate, the Alpha of the Black Water Pack. I remember the first day we met at my pack. The skies were dark as a storm was on it's way but we had visiting Alpha's, so everyone was outside welcoming the visitors with baskets of fruits, meats, and breads. I made a blanket for one of the warriors my father knew. Abe was the first one I saw, the only one I saw. His hair was short then, combed to the side with gel causing his hair to look a darker brown than it normally is. His brown eyes were hardened and he looked tired. Then he looked up at me and I swear my heart stopped for a second. He whispered, "mate," before pulling me into his arms.

Abe stands before me now. His hair longer with curls that I like to wrap around my fingers. His eyes held so many emotions: happiness, love, and something else I can't tell. He wears a pair of khaki shorts and a white open-button shirt that is flapping lightly in the wind.

I follow the girls to the stage where I take Abe's hand that is warm and sends sparks up my arm and down my spine. I am blessed with my mate. Blessed by the Moon Goddess for gifting me with someone so powerful, strong, and loving. I will serve this pack with my life. Till death do us part.

Ruth and Maggie go to stand by the side next to their mates, Marshall and Luis. I watch as a child hugs Maggie's leg and that her mate Luis is holding another child. I look to Abe's parents and smile at his family. I'm glad to be apart of his family. Of his pack.

Abe guides me up the stairs in front of the pack's Elders, Gwyneth and Tobia Hanlon, Abe's grandparents. They all look so similar blessed by the sun with tan skin and wide smiles. Gwyneth reaches for my left hand and I place it in hers and I watch as Abe places his right in his grandfathers. I glance to my left seeking his mothers warmth. And I see her smiling at me with tears starting to form in her eyes. I can be Luna of this pack. The four of us stand around the stone bowl in a circle holding onto each others hands.