Chapter Two

I place the basket on the counter as I start to list off everything I have to do today: thank Dollie, visit children's school, meet with mama Lori, and so on. The light enters through the window and I feel my skin warming from the glow. The smell of berries and eggs fill the air as I flip the eggs.

"Good morning, love," Abe whispers as he nuzzles his nose into the back of my neck. I sigh as I lean into him causing him to place his arms around my belly. The bump is starting to grow but it's not as big as Ruth's.

"Morning, honey," I squeak out as I place the eggs on a plate next to the fruit. I feel my cheeks heat and my stomach churn as I grow nervous.

"He is our mate. Just tell him" Nali says with excitement.

I turn around in his arms and he pulls back a little, surprised at my movement. I watch as he raises an eyebrow but a smile still stays on his face. He cups my chin and places a sweet kiss on my lips. The parks that shoot through me wake me up. I have to tell him now.

"Abe, I have to tell you something," I mummer as I pull away and place our plates on the table next to the juice I made this morning from the fruits outside our house. I watch as he leans against the counter and folds his arms. I can tell he his angry.

"Please, sit," I ask as I take my seat across from Abe's chair. He doesn't sit but just continues staring at me with a raised eyebrow. His eyes swim with emotions of confusion and anger.

"Abe, we're going to have a baby," I whisper taking a sip of the orange juice. I stare into my cup not wanting to see his reaction.

"Look at me," Abe says stepping closer to me. I don't dare look up, too afraid to be rejected.

"Nora, look at me," Abe commands in his Alpha's tone. He grabs my chin and forces me to look at him. I see the happiness shinning in his eyes and a smile breaks across my face.

"Are you really pregnant?" He asks staring at my face and into my eyes. I can only nod my head, too emotional to speak. A smile erupts across his whole face as he lets out a howl.

"We're having a baby!" He pulls me up into his arms and hugs me as he peppers kisses around my face. I've never felt as happy as I do now.

"We're having a baby," I repeat throwing my arms up laughing.

"How far along are you?" He asks setting me down but grasping both my hands in his. He looks at the baby bump with a huge smile.

"Just a little under a month. I went to the doctors the day before the ceremony and he confirmed I was three weeks along."

Abe leans in and presses his ear against my belly trying to hear the heart beat or any movement. I know you won't be able to hear the heart beating until another week or two from now but I know he can hear the movement. Our baby moving.

After a couple of seconds I watch Abe move back and look up at me. I know he heard the movement as I felt it.

"We need to tell my family tonight," He laughs standing up. He scoots his chair around the table till its right next to mine. He grabs a fork and cuts off a piece of egg before bringing it to my lips.

"I will take care of you and our pup," Abe smiles as I take a bite of the egg. I know my wolf is just purring in my head. Both of us are thankful for our mate. He continues feeding me until my plste is clean and I'm full and happy.

I make my way towards the children's school after dropping off the basket of fruit to Dollie's house and thanking her for cleaning the broken glass yesterday.