Finding Answers

I had to stay home from school for the rest of the week to recover. After I visited the nurse, I had to get stitches where I hurt my head, and I would have a giant scar. Thankfully I would still be able to perform in the show. Mom wasn't happy about the whole situation; she threatened to sue Mike's parents for what he did to me, but she didn't go through with it. His parents were so angry with him that he ended up getting pulled out of the show. With it so close to opening night Miss Kay was about to cancel the whole production, but Peter volunteered to step in as Marius. 

    "I've been studying and paying attention. I can step in." Peter told Miss Kay triumphantly. A weight seemed to be lifted off her shoulders. "Then it's settled. Peter will be our Marius!" The entire cast cheered for him.
     I was so happy for him. He had a phenomenal singing voice and was an extraordinary actor. It was going to be so much fun to play off him as Eponine. After the horrific experience I had last week, it would be nice to focus on rehearsing the show. In the back of my mind, I wondered how Mike was taking it. I had a feeling this would be the time where he wouldn't be so forgiving. He was so furious and vengeful the last time I saw him, and I highly doubted he would be coming to opening night. I was sad that our friendship had to end like that.

  We had a little time between acts; the cast got to have a dinner break before running through the next act. I was getting a little tired and my head was a little sore, but that didn't stop me from wanting to do my best in the show. I took off my heavy coat that went with my costume and went to join the cast to eat dinner. We had hot dogs and burgers that a cast member's mom brought. They were gone in a matter of seconds because we were so hungry. After we were done eating, it was time to run the second act of the show. I was having the time of my life on stage performing with the talented cast. Things were looking up even more now.

Peter drove me home after rehearsal because the doctor said I shouldn't drive for a while until my head is better. I felt better, but I knew I should be safe than sorry. I did perform and felt fine. This one thing wasn't going to stop me from doing what I love. I actually wasn't looking forward to going to sleep that night. I was afraid I would see Mike again in my dreams. Whenever I bring it up to Peter, he seems to know how to help me feel better. I had this feeling that I should tell him about what I've been going through.
     "Peter, there's something I need to tell you." I didn't know why I was feeling so nervous, I guess I was afraid that he would think I was crazy. I was hoping the darkness of the car would mask how badly I was shaking. He seemed to pick up my anxiety because he held my hand.

        "What's going on?" I was still shaking, which was an even worse habit of mine when I was nervous. "Remember that nightmare I told you about?" He nodded. "Yes." "Well, for the past few months, whenever I've had a dream or a nightmare, it has become real. Most of them have been wonderful dreams, but recently they haven't been so wonderful. I know it sounds crazy..." Peters' reaction to my comment wasn't what I expected.  He held my hand with the most tenderness and love that I thought I was actually dreaming. 

           My rapid heartbeat returned to normal at his touch. "Peter, you were in my dream. Before you started school here, I saw you in my dream." I said, leaning my head against his shoulder. The world felt at peace. He stroked my shoulder and kissed me on the forehead. "I didn't think you would be aware of that. I appeared to you in your dream because I'm your protector." I looked at him, confused. "What?" "I am your protector. Subconscious is a dangerous place, and it's my job to make sure you are safe when you dream. I chose you to protect." Peter said. I smiled. "Why me?" 

          "Because I saw something magical and beautiful in you. Your love for music and the arts make you more powerful than you could dream of. You could conquer anything with the strength you have, and that's what caused me to fall in love with you." he kissed me. I started blushing. "I love you." I had never told anyone other than my family that. I meant every word that I said to Peter. The past few months we've been dating, I started to fall for him. His green eyes seemed to glow with happiness, and he smiled. "I love you too, beautiful girl." We kissed. This kiss was more magical than before. Our connection was strong than ever.

I had to go in because it was getting late. I knew I was going to see Peter in my dreams, and things would be okay.
  I opened my eyes, and I was in a beautiful forest, and Peter was right beside me. He took my hand, and we walked through the forest. Just then, it darkened, and fog surrounded us. 

         "What's happening?" I was getting afraid. "Just stay close to me," Peter said, holding me. Mike appeared out of black smoke, and his eyes were glowing red "Ah, so the knife goes deeper." he smiled a sinister smile. My best friend of ten years was completely gone, and now he was replaced by the face of pure evil. 

          "Mike! We were never together!" I shrieked at him. "I never felt the same way about you. I only ever saw you as a friend."

       "Now you've made me angry!" Mike yelled, and red sparks were flying out of his hands towards Peter and me. Suddenly, Peter held out his hands and a green light appeared from them, and a holographic wall appeared in front of us. The red sparks diminished, and this made Mike even angrier than he was before. "You will die before you wake!" he was floating up in the air and flew towards me. There was energy surging inside me, and I could hear major scales in my head. The energy was at its peak, and I held up my hand, and yellow sparks flew out of my hand and struck Mike. He screamed in agony before disappearing.

        Peter looked at me, amazed. "How did you do that?" I looked down at my hands in awe. "I don't know, and it happened so fast." "You are more powerful than I thought." I looked at him "So I'm like you? I have powers like you?" "Yes, but you have a lot to learn. You need to learn how to control them and channel them." Peter said, taking my hands. I smiled. "Gee, I wonder where I'm gonna find a teacher." I flirted with him. "I know someone very close to you." he flirted back, standing close to me. I laughed, and I kissed him. "You'll be a great teacher."