Prologue

If given a choice to change one thing, I wonder if I would still choose the same decisions that I did. If given the chance to change our meeting, do I have the courage to change it? Do I have the courage to meet you, knowing what our future holds? Knowing the heartache, the sadness, the memories that would happen?

"If someone asked you that there is a way to changed one important event of your life, would you change it?"

"An event? What event?"

"Our meeting... Would you still go to the same place and at the same time to meet me? Or would you go there earlier for a chance to meet and spend more time with each other?" I paused as I let him process my words, "Or would you rather not meet at all?"

"I...I would choose... To not meet you at all... To not have these regrets... These painful memories..."

"I see," I whimpered as I closed my eyes to hide the pain from his words, "If that's your wish... who am I to stop it from happening?"

"And so... In accordance with our contract..."

"Please... Take me back to the time... Before the two of us met each other..."

And as she whispered her wish, what he said finally registered, and he looked up to see her... surrounded by a white light, with tears on her face and smiling at the same time... disappearing bit by bit... He reached out his hand to reach her, but it was too late. By the time he got there, all that was left was air. As if she has not existed at all.

"NO!"