𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐅𝐀𝐑𝐄 || 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄.

𝙹𝙾𝚂𝙸𝙰𝙷 𝙹𝙰𝙻𝙾𝙽𝙸 𝚁𝙾𝚂𝚂'
'𝙟𝙤𝙟𝙤'
𝐝𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐬, 𝐭𝐱 || 12:00𝐚𝐦
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Josiah threw on his jacket and left out of the apartment, jogging down the two porch steps. He pulled his jacket tighter around him as he walked down the street, into the night. He was on a mission. One that could only have a negative outcome.

He turned at the corner and saw three figures huddled together, in a seemingly intense conversation. He sucked in a deep breath and walked up to the trio.

"Yo, who the fuck are you?" The tallest of the three spoke out, reaching into his pocket.

"I come in peace. I gotta ask y'all something." Josiah spoke quickly, keeping eye contact with the first one that spoke.

"Well, what the fuck is it?"

"Do y'all know Junior?" He knew it was a long shot asking since he knew that the streets don't talk.

"Junior? I know three Juniors." A second one spoke, turning to face Josiah. "One ran with Mico, the second was an errand boy for Cortez and the third one lives down the street."

"You talk too damn much." The youngest of the two spoke, keeping his head down.

"No bruh, Junior. This nigga Junior!" Josiah held up a picture of Junior underneath the streetlight and the trio of boys looked at each other as if they were holding something in.

"Nah, don't know him." The oldest turned away from Josiah which only angered him. He pushed the man, forcing him onto the ground. He kicked him in his side and once in his face.

"If you know something 'bout my brother man, say that!" Josiah yelled, the other two men watching as their friend was being assaulted.

"That nigga dead! Calm down!" The man rolled away from Josiah as he let up, his face dropping as his mind started going a mile a minute.

"You think saying shit like that is okay? Don't say that about my brother if it ain't true!" Fed up, Josiah attacked him again, inflicting damage upon him as he released his anger, pain, and hurt.

"Son, he is. Word got around about a day or two ago. I don't know too much about who did it but yo' brother ain't here no more." The second one talked to Josiah, grabbing his arm as he pulled him away from his friend.

"He's fifteen! Fifteen, do you hear me?! Y'all know who did it, y'all just being pussy and not saying anything!" Josiah burst into tears. These men could very much be lying but it had been three weeks. No calls, texts, no sightings of the fifteen year-old.

"Yo, sorry 'bout yo lost but we ain't have shit to do with that. My condolences to the lil nigga though." The younger one gathered his friends and they walked off briskly before Josiah could say or do anything else to them.

Josiah was left in a state of shock and a mess of his own tears as he walked further down the street, looking for anybody else that may have been around.

Twenty minutes later and he came up empty handed. Josiah quickly made it back to the apartment just to see Koko on the couch, watching the news.