✦ 02

Elena Gilbert gracefully opened the large double doors to the Mikaelson mansion. Feeling a bit ridiculous to say the least. Elena felt the room spinning as her eyes immediately locked eyes with a familiar set of bright blue eyes. Her stomach knotted as nervousness had begun to set it. She had no idea what she would get herself into tonight. She wondered. Klaus immediately made his way through the crowd of well-dressed locals—making his way over to Elena at once.

"You look—." He replied before Elena had interrupted him. "Ridiculous." She mutters to him. "You wanted me to come so bad. So let's talk." She spat out. Klaus held out his hand for a dance. Elena hesitated cautiously. Smirking wide, he opened his mouth to speak. "Care for a dance with the devil." He replies, his lips pursed into a half smile.

Sighing heavily, Elena took his hand, letting him lead her out onto the dance floor. He'd unexpectedly spun her around gracefully. "You look amazing Elena, really." He whispered into her ear, causing her to slightly roll her eyes.

"How about we cut the crap—and you can tell why I am really here?" Elena spat, as frustration had risen from within her. "Elena..please?" Klaus quietly whispers to the brunette, giving her a small warning. He pursed his lips into a small frown. "I invited you here because I want to apologize for how I have treated you. I do hope I can be forgiven?" He quietly mutters to her.

"Trust is earned. I can't magically hand it over." Elena begun to speak up. She slowly watched Klaus' face grow into a small frown. In that moment Elena had felt a bit guilty. As much as she wanted to trust him in her heart—but he'd done so many horrible things to the people whom she loved. She only thought the worst of him. But her guilt had taken that best of her sometimes.

Elena's lips pursed into a small frown. Pity had taken over her entirely now. "I'm sorry." She choked up. "If you can show me that your worth forgiving—then I will accept your apology." She spoke. Klaus grinned slightly. "But don't make me regret it." She spoke in a stern voice. "You'll never regret it, Elena." He smiles as he lightly nudges the brunette—hoping to ease her tension.

Later that night Elena had tossed and turned in her bed, unable to sleep. One thing remained on her mind—her will to forgive the man who had done treacherous things to everyone in her life. She wondered if he were worth forgiving. But Elena were much too pure to refuse his apology. It did seem sincere. A small part of her felt a bit bad for him. She knew that Klaus of all people were harder to understand than most—he hides his pain rather than show it. But Elena—Elena had seen right through him tonight. She felt his pain. She felt his sorrow. It caused her stomach to curl at the way he had looked at her with a slightly painful look—she knew it all too well.

hey,, i am posting a part after an eternity. lmao i hope everyone is staying healthy and safe. but enjoy this part.