Dragons Of Mirlaak

This page includes the different dragon species that inhabit the Island of Mirlaak.

(This page just includes my custom tribes, but the tribes from the regular books are in this too)

Eclipsewing

Appearance: The Eclipsewing have relatively small features, with long snouts and horns, and large wings. Their horns are twisted like ram horns, and they have small spikes on their spine. Their scales are usually a dark purple or black, with orange and yellow lining the edges of some scales. Their underbellies are usually a grey or greyish blue, with small orange or yellow stripes at the sides. Their eyes are usually aqua or grey, with a very very light purple scleroses. Around their eyelids are small crescent shapes. Their pupils are commonly slit, but seem to have an ability to mutate despite genetics. The insides of their wings are pitch black, without markings. Their scales are extremely shiny, and as such are very valuable. The tips of their snouts have a sharp point, and are used to break off large chunks of meat when fighting.

Abilities: They are known to breath blue fire, and some were known to exhibit animus powers, but those dragons were quickly executed. Their sharp scales allow them to injure attackers, but are slightly weaker than regular scales. They have large plates on their wrists, and warriors often sharpen them to inflict damage. The plates have been known to grow back, but if they are chipped in battle the crack will be filled with copper. It is usually considered an honor to have a "battle plate" crack filled with copper. They are usually shy and timid, and not very territorial.

Queen and King: Aura and Smoke (Yes they have a king and queen)

Sunwing

Appearance: Sunwings are very tall and muscular, with rounder features. The females have longer, rounder snouts and rounder ears, and the males have sharp snouts and sharper ears. Their horns are similar to Skywing horns, but much thicker. Their top scales are white, and their bottom scales are a mix of orange and gold. They only have spikes on their elbows, and they can be any length. Sunwings will often carve things into the spikes, usually tribal markings or war cries in their native language. Their wings are very large, and are feathered. Their feathers have patterns of gold markings that shine in the sun. Their eyes are usually light blue, and they have slit pupils. Their tail has feathers that spread out when flying to help balance them.

Abilities: They breathe fire, and have very sharp claws. A few can heat themselves up on command, and they can withstand burning temperatures. Their scales often reflect the sun and can be distracting. A rare few are born with pitch black feathers, and with that rare color have the ability to change the color of their fire and make their claws and teeth longer. They can also create blinding flashes of light, and light up their golden markings. They are usually aggressive and territorial. 

Queen: Sol

Sailwing

Appearance: Very large and stocky, with large eyes and a sharp features. They have markings around their eyes similar to a cheetah's, and have very pale scales. They have a fin that stretches from their head to their tail tip (Similar to Seawings) and medium sized wings. They have a large "sail" on their back, and it helps them maneuver around things. The sail has a hook-like shape, and it helps them hold onto cliff surfaces if sliding. They have very long tails. Their horns are straight, and smaller than Nightwing horns. They have narrow, pitch black eyes, and they are usually dusty rose colored or pale. They are not hostile, but will guide you off of their territory if you wander on.

Abilities: They cannot breath fire. They have a tolerance for large amounts of dust, and fly easily in strong winds. Some have what is known as "poison veins", which allow them to shoot venom from their claws and mouth. Some have feathers that look like a native plant on their tail, and they often smell like the plant, too. This is used to lure prey.

Queen: Paleheart

Steelwing

Appearance: Muscular and tall, with square faces and triangular features. They have very monochromatic scale colors, and long necks. They have two sets of horns, one set twisted like ram horns, and the other set pointed like an Icewing's. Their wings are a regular size, with serrated plates on the edge. They have long snouts and large, pointed ears. Their eyes are usually bright, and those with "exotic" eye colors are much more preferred mating partners. Their tails are large, ending with a spear-shaped barb. They have four, armored wings, similar to that of a Hercules Beetle. The inside of their wings and their stomachs are very shiny, and often glitter like polished steel. They tend to keep their scales clean, in fear they will get scale-rust (A common Steelwing disease that injures them and makes their bodies weaker.) They have large, white circles around their eyes, and their pupils are usually slits, but some have been known to have round pupils. They have a large spike on their snout-tip, and often polish and shave it down to look better. They have a protruding brow line, with small spikes lining the top.

Abilities: They can harden their scales, withstand fire, and some can heat their bodies, turning them a glowing red-orange color. Their tail tip is very sharp, and has a small amount of venom in it. Their horns are very strong and used to ram into things, and the spike on their snout is sharp like a knife. Their wings can be spread at a number of angles, allowing them to slash attackers with their sharp wing spikes. Their claws are sharp, and if infected with scale-rust can give the disease to dragons that aren't Steelwings. Some have been known to be able to blend into rocks, or change their eye color, but it is shown to not be an inherited trait. 

Queen: A very close guarded secret.