58

A Few Months later
AMELIAS POV
I was now around 3 months pregnant and I haven't talked to my family since that night, except Derek, and Liz on occasion. I was also really starting to show, not a lot but you would be able to tell soon. Still the only people who knew were Alex, Meredith, and Liz. I was laying in bed on my computer and Owen was getting out of the shower.
"Owen," I said. He turned and smiled at me.
"Yeah?" He said.
"Hi," I smiled.
"Hi," he smiled back. Tonight we were going over his mom's house for dinner and we were going to tell her then.
"Amelia," Owen said.
"Yes?" I said.
"Can you stop leaving toothpaste in the sink?" He chuckled.
"No," I said.
"It's gross," he said.
"You're gross," I said. He rolled his eyes and chuckled. He got dressed and came over and laid on the bed. We heard little footsteps on the hardwood floor in the hallway. The twins were now walking more now that they were almost a year old. Owen got up and opened the door and it was Ava.
"Hi princess," Owen smiled and picked her up. They were both getting so big now. She said something in gibberish and Owen chuckled.
"Do you speak baby?" Owen chuckled and looked at me. I laughed and he put ava down so she could run over to the bed. She came over and I picked her up and Owen went to go get Liam.
"Hi baby girl," I smiled and kissed her head. She smiled and giggled. Next week was their first birthday and it all went so quick. They were already 1! I heard more footsteps and Liam came running in speaking gibberish as well. Owen chuckled as he lifted him up onto the bed. They rarely cry anymore which was so nice.
"Owen?" I said.
"Yes Mia?" He asked.
"Can we have pancakes for breakfast?" I asked cutely.
"You're so cute," he said, "yes we can." I leaned over and kissed his cheek and I looked down at the twins lying in our bed watching the cartoons we put on. We have been so busy with the kids and work that today was our first ultra sound. I figured I was about 9ish weeks but we were going today. Neither of us had work so it worked well with our schedules.
"What time is the appointment?" Owen asked.
"10," I said and looked at the clock and it was almost nine.
"I'll go make breakfast and then we can leave soon," Owen said.
"Do you want help?" I asked.
"If you want to," he said.
"Okay, I'll bring the kids downstairs," I said.
"Okay," he said. The kids ran after Owen and I chuckled. They stopped at the gate we had at the top of the staircase because we didn't want them walking down the stairs yet. I picked them up as Owen opened the gate and we walked downstairs. Owen was getting everything ready and I put the kids in their high chairs. I walked over to Owen and wrapped my arms around his back from behind. My baby bump was still small enough to allow me to do this.
OWENS POV
Today we were getting an ultrasound and I was so excited. I was cooking pancakes and I felt arms go around my waist. I looked down to see Amelias hands and I smiled. I felt her nuzzle her head into my back.
"Are you excited?" I asked.
"Yeah," she said, "we get to see our baby."
"I know," I smiled.
"I could barely sleep last night thinking about it," She said.
"You're so cute," I said. I put my hand over hers and rubbed it while I finished making breakfast.
"How far along do you think you are?" I asked.
"I don't know, maybe 9 or 10 weeks," she said.
"Makes sense since we found out a 2 months ago," I said.
"Yeah," she said.
-
Amelia and I were walking into the hospital and she was so excited she was so cute. We dropped the kids off at daycare so we could get to our appointment. Amelia knocked on Arizona's office door and walked in.
"Hey guys!" Arizona smiled, "today's the day!"
"Yup," Amelia smiled. I held her hand as we walked down the hall with her and got ready for the ultrasound. Arizona started the ultrasound and I was holding Amelias hand.
"There's your healthy baby!" Arizona smiled.
"Oh my gosh," Amelia smiled. I smiled and kissed her. Amelia was so fixated on the screen she was adorable. I was so happy we finally got to see our precious baby.
-
We were on our way to my moms house and I was excited to tell her. We are planning on telling everyone at the twin's first birthday party next week, but we wanted to tell my mom first. I walked downstairs and Amelia was putting Liam's shoes on as Ava was sitting on the floor playing on Amelia's phone. Ava said something but none of it made sense. Amelia looked at her and chuckled.
"What was that baby?" Amelia said.
"Ahh gab..." Ava started trailing off.
"Okay," Amelia chuckled.
"Okay buddy got are good to go," Amelia said as she picked Liam up off the bench. She looked up and smiled at me. She was so precious with them, she was such an adorable mom.
"You ready?" She asked.
"Yup," I said. Ava got up and ran over to me. I picked her up and went over and picked Amelias phone up off the floor.
"Thanks," Amelia said. I pecked her lips and grabbed the car keys.
-
We were sitting at dinner with my mom and we were about to tell her. Amelia was so excited I could tell.
"So mom we saw something at the store the other day, and we thought of you," I said, it was a mug that said "I'm going to be a grandma....again!" And amelia and I thought it was really cute. I handed my mom the box and she opened it. She read it and her mouth dropped.
"Oh my god you're pregnant!" She smiled and got up and hugged Amelia.
"Yup," Amelia smiled.
"Oh my gosh congratulations!" My mom said crying. Amelia hugged her again and I hugged both of them.
"I'm so happy for you two!" My mom smiled.
"Thank you," I smiled.
-
I was helping my mom wash the dishes and she smiled.
"Are you excited?" She said.
"Yeah," I said, "I can't wait."
"I'm so happy for you," she said.
"Thanks," I said, "but now you can't tell anyone because we're telling everyone at the twins party next week."
"Okay," she said.
"Especially carolyn," I said.
"Why especially her?" She said. I looked over and Amelia was playing with the kids so she wouldn't hear us.
"Amelia isn't speaking to her and I don't think she plans on it anytime soon," I said. My mom frowned.
"How long has it been?" She said.
"3 months," I said.
"I won't say anything," my mom said.
"Thank you," I said. I looked over at Amelia playing with the kids and she was so cute. They were playing with some toys we brought over and she was talking to them. She was so precious with them, she was such a good mom, I loved admiring her with the kids.