Part - 1 - Are you in love with me??

That was new dawn!!

Pragya opened her eyes to see Abhi lying on the hospital couch uncomfortably... She felt as if she got beaten by 10 people... She barely had the strength to raise her voice and call him...

She tried her might but couldn't do anything other than raising her head to a few inches... She drops her head on the hospital pillow defeatedly, closing her eyes, letting a huge sigh of disappointment only audible to her...

The past night events clouded her eyes...

That was like a usual end of the day for them after office... After having dinner at the office canteen, Pragya and Abhi planned to go for a small walk before leaving for their respective houses...

Its winter season and the winds were cold... Pragya shivered lightly due to wind...

"Why not you carry your jacket with you always??" 

asked Abhi concerned about Pragya...

"Why are you always pointing out some mistakes?? I spilled orange juice on it. I had no time to go and fetch the other jacket from my cupboard as I was getting late to the office..."

replied Pragya bit irritated...

"I don't really know, why are you this cranky all since evening... Morning you were all fine right... Any issues with work in the evening??" 

asked Abhi concerned...

"Nothing..."

That was all Pragya's reply marking that she was not interested in talking about things anymore... Abhi who is the best pal of Pragya since their first day of work understood the cue and diverted the topic...

"Hey!! You know what... That girl Sonakshi right!!" 

started Abhi planning to divert the topic... But he didn't realize that he actually created his own trap...

"I just don't really know why you are always behind Sonakshi!!" 

told Pragya with her face turning red in anger...

"Pragya!! Understand the fact... I'm repeating this for the 100th time... She is a just friend for me now... It's not as you think... I have moved far away from her thoughts... With whom she is or what she is doing doesn't concern me anymore..." 

replied Abhi calmly...

"Your actions and your words are not going hand in hand... Do you think I'm blind?? I'm seeing things... How you play online games with her... How you are liking her videos and posts on social media handles... How she is commenting on any pictures that you post on insta... How much you are interested in her insta live sessions and making yourself available for that blocking us... Do you think I'm a fool to believe all your crap??" 

asked an outraged Pragya...

"Hey, are you stalking us?? But I have given you enough explanations for all that... Liking her videos... Do you think I'm giving like on every post... Only the ones that are good... Hey if she comments on my posts what can I do?? Her insta live sessions are pooled by my friends okay!! We have a common friend gang... And that's obvio... You very well know about me... I can't multitask things... I tend to talk to them more... But I always make sure that I reply to you people later..." 

replied Abhi...

It was evident from his tone that he was losing his cool...

"I'm not ready for any of your repeated unreliable explanations..." 

told Pragya with a disdainful smile...

Abhi lost all his cool...

"Why do you think about me so much?? I stay single or get committed back with Sonakshi... That's none of your concern..."

told Abhi thinking that he gave a fitting reply to Pragya's rants...

But Abhi didn't expect that Pragya would react that way...

Pragya grabbed Abhi's shirt collars... Her eyes were filled with tears... Abhi couldn't sense anything around him... He felt numerous questions coming out like arrows from her eyes... But he clearly heard one question...

"Will you do that to me, Abhi??"Abhi felt those words...

Pragya loosened her hold on him and turned to walk away... That was the moment, Abhi held her hands and pulled her to him...

"Tell me what it is running in your brain??"

asked Abhi confused but expecting only one reply...

Pragya looked into his eyes asking him,

"As if you don't know??"...

The eyelock got broken with a nearby car honking sound... Pragya removed her hand off his hold and started walking... Abhi rushed behind her and pulled her again to him... This time he made his question clear so that her silence can also give him the needed answer...

"Pragya... Are you in love with me??"

asked Abhi with 1000's of emotions running in his mind...

A lone tear escaped off her eyes giving him the needed answer...

Pragya pushed him off and sat on the nearby stone bench crying loud... Abhi felt a weird feeling inside him... He was happy but sad as well... He felt hard to realize his emotions... But one question was itching his heart...

He went and kneeled in front of Pragya... He held her right hand with his left hand and cupped her face with his right hand...

His throat choked to even ask the question... But the reason he felt choked was not the question... But the answer she will tell that may change her thoughts...

"Prag...yaa... You... are... going to meet your prospective groom this Sunday...",

told Abhi with his throat choked...

Pragya felt anger washing over her, He pushed him onto the grass lawn...

"Out of everything... You have only this to ask me right?? Why do you worry about a person you don't even know, while you have me about whom you know anything and everything??"

asked Pragya raging in anger...

"I hate myself for loving you...."

told Pragya feeling defeat...

With much anger, she left the stone bench and stepped on the road, just to get thrown away by a speeding car... Before she closed her eyes and lose her consciousness, she saw Abhi lifting her... With her broken limb, she caressed her beard and mouthed "I love you"...

How are you all, my dear frndzzz?
Got much busy!!
So sorry for that..
Trying to post a short story in this quarantine time..

Hope you all like it..

Expecting the same support from you all people..
Love you all!!

With love,

Shwathii!!