Part - 2 - A Future about Us

With her broken limb, she caressed his stubble and told: "I Love You"... That was her last memory... 

Pragya opened her eyes to see Abhi stirring in sleep... She felt bad for him at the same time laughed seeing him as it was very much difficult for him to fit his huge body in that small couch...

Pragya's pov:

I always want to remove all of your problems and see you smiling big... But, now I'm helpless to give you a night of better sleep, Abhi!! Forgive me!! You can never imagine how much I love you... You can even question it... After all even I had a past... A sad part of a failed love... But after meeting you, after being with you, after experiencing the joy of being a part of your life, I realized I'm lucky that I got failed in that love... I realized what is love... Yea... Realized what is love with you... Neither you are perfect nor I'm... But with you, I always felt that even our flaws are beautiful... Beautiful enough to make me fall in love with you... Not sure... If you would accept me or reject... But I will never deny the fact that I love you anymore... It was hell for me to hide my love all these days... I felt as if I'm betraying my friend... But now feeling like a heavyweight has been taken off from my heart... But if I'm hurting you, please forgive me... My intention is never to hurt you...

Her chain of thoughts got broken when a nurse came inside the room...

Abhi opened his eyes with the door creaking sound... He tried setting his messed up hair sitting on the couch, while the nurse came and checked Pragya's vitals...

"She is back to conscious"

told the nurse looking it Abhi...

The way she looked at him was evidently picturizing what was running in her mind... Hearing what the nurse told, Abhi quickly got up and tried to come near Pragya...

"With the way you brought her yesterday, I was expecting some emotional scene, with you cupping her cheeks and asking her about well-being while I come inside like a Nandi in shiv pooja and spoil the moment... But here, I have to wake you up... What a bad partner you are!!",
told the nurse with no hint of embarrassment but with all mischief...

Pragya smiled lightly hearing the nurse talk that way, while Abhi sat back in the couch, hiding his face behind his palm in embarrassment...

"I have checked her vitals... She is doing good... Chief Doctor will be coming for IP check-up in 15 minutes... He will tell you how she is doing...",
told the nurse breaking the silence for the second time...

"Thank you!!",

replied Abhi with the nurse leaving the room...

Pragya tilted her head to see Abhi, and she gave her all-time smile to him, which she always gives when they meet each other at the office for the first time every morning...

Abhi came close to her and took a seat on the bed... He slowly caressed her head and took hold of her hand which was not broken... He didn't look at her eyes... But Pragya was able to see the pain in his eyes...

"You took my life in a second...",
told Abhi with his voice dripping pain...

"How many times I have told you not to walk away when you are very much angry?? Now see!! You were not conscious when they pinned this IV in your veins... But I know it will be hurting... You can never bear a small pain... Don't know how you are going through this...",

told Abhi with lots of concern on her...

"I'm sorry!!"
told Pragya softly...

Abhi smiled seeing her... Pragya smiled back at him...

"You won't stop apologizing even now right!!",
told Abhi recollecting all the times where Pragya used to say sorry even for the simplest of the things...

Pragya smiled at him, and then asked,
"Parents??"

"No worries... Your mom was calling you in the night... And I have texted on your behalf stating that you are in a meeting and it may take longer to complete... She was not convinced but she gave up somehow... I didn't want to panic her at that hour of the night... I believed that you will definitely open your eyes soon... I thought of informing them once you are back to conscious...",
explained Abhi...

Pragya looked into his eyes...

Abhi, the one who knows Pragya in and out, realized what those eyes are asking him...

"I'll come to us, once you recover... For now, I'm letting you know only one truth... Sonakshi is my past... At present, she is just a friend of mine... Don't confuse yourself much... I'm not telling this to console you... Yesterday Night, I told like that out of frustration... Not anything from the heart... And for the first time, I'm giving you my word... She will be never in my life, Pragya... Sonakshi will never be in my life... This Abhi has no space for Sonakshi in his life anymore... Let's look forward to a future about us... No concerns about a person from the past...",
told Abhi putting in words whatever was running in both of their minds....

He gently ruffled her hair and smiled at her... The smile she reciprocated at him, was showing him relief, concern, and happiness, the most...

She gestured him to come close to her... He went close to her face to hear her words...

"Take me for a ride!!",
told Pragya...

Whenever a problem is sorted out between them, Pragya always asks him to do something that will be impossible at the moment... But she makes sure, he does that for her later...

"For Sure!! I'll take you once you can get up from this bed on your own!!",
told Abhi...

Something in him made him do this which Pragya always wanted him to do... He kissed her forehead and that moment he gave her an indirect confirmation, that she means a lot to him...

STAY TUNED FRNDZZ...

HEY GUYZ!!

HOW ARE YOU ALL???

STAY HOME!! STAY SAFE!!

HOPE EVERYONE ARE DOING GOOD!!!

SORRY FOR THE DELAY!!
NOT EVERYONE GETS ENOUGH BREAK EVEN DURING THIS PANDEMIC.. AND I'M ONE AMONG THEM.. BUT THIS IS A SHORT STORY AND WILL DEFINITELY COMPLETE THIS..

KEEP SUPPORTING..

LOVE YA ALL!!

URS,

SHWATHII!!!