As long as You're Mine

Hey, there!

Just to explain this: I'm really into the Musical "Wicked" right now and as I listened to the song this Oneshot is named after, I felt quite hard Braime vibes...and so this was born! Maybe you know it, then you might notice that there are a few references to some lines hidden (or rather obviously nicked).

In the end, this is basically slightly angsty Braime fluff that came to me at 2 am and turned out to be a vision of what I expected/ would have liked to happen after their kiss in s8 e4. I always thought they cut off FAAAR too quickly and I really missed some clearing conversation before they actually, well...got to it. So this is no smut, sorry not sorry. I just can't write it. Useless prude here. But if you enjoy emotional babbling with a bit of (for my standards) heated kissing, this might be your cup of tea! Unnecessary to say that in my perfect universe, Jaime is not going to bloody leave her after this.

Hope you enjoy! And if you find it in your heart to tell me any thought, that'd be very appreciated!

____________

The kiss was hard, desperate, fervid.

One second, he had been standing in front of her, a mixture of fear and anticipation in his eyes, the next his lips had been crushing against hers. She was taken by surprise, slightly stumbling backwards because of the suddenness and force of it and her head needed a moment to process what was happening. Jaime already thought he might have taken things too far. He felt a wave of panic starting to build within him when she finally responded, pushing back against him with barely restrained eagerness. Sharp relief washed over him when she willingly opened her mouth to welcome his tongue, trying to keep up with his movements. She was clumsy, insecure, but what she was lacking in experience, she made more than up with enthusiasm.

He didn't know how they had made it to her bed when his legs already pushed against its edge. They didn't let go off each other when they lowered themselves onto the furs, Jaime hovering over her as his mouth wandered down her neck to suck on the spot where it met her collarbone. He couldn't avert his eyes from her, wanted to soak in every inch, every detail for as long as she let him. Even the colouring of the bruises she had taken in battle only mere hours ago, the way the game of shades started to transform the light bluish pink into a violet so dark it almost seemed black - it all looked beautiful to him. Every mark, new or old, still aching or long faded, was perfection in itself, adding to the marvel of her. He wanted to lose himself in the feeling of her, of her skin under his fingers and lips, the inflamed trails the slightest brush of her hands was leaving on his body in return.
Something told him that it would be over too fast though, one more reason why he needed to use every moment while she was still his. Her eyes were closed and he noticed how she turned her head to her side as soon as they broke a kiss, but he wasn't willing to let a worrying thought build in his head, instead following the distraction that was the feeling of both her hands tangled in his hair and his left cupped her neck as if to prevent her from escaping. She hadn't shown any sign to withdraw until now, but he still feared that she might at any moment, almost expected it with every second that passed. It was too good to be true, after all, that she would welcome him like this. He tried to silence the tiny voice in his head that whispered to him, sounding alarmingly like the vicious hissing of his sister, telling him that she had simply been overwhelmed by his sudden attack, that her senses were blurred and thoughts blown away, that as soon as her mind was able to comprehend what was happening, she would push him away with disgust. The thought made him react instinctively, he lifted his right arm that had been tangling uselessly by his side until now, and wrapped it around her waist to hold her closer in his grasp.

The action had been thoughtless. She flinched and finally, finally, pulled away from him, eyes wide and breathing heavy. Jaime almost slipped a groan of displeasure.