Muted

"Lilly, let's go. You're going to be late!" Lilly's mother yelled from the kitchen as she was preparing Lilly's lunch for school.

It was the first day of 1st grade for Lilly Clarkson and she was so excited to meet her friends. Lilly's father, Max Clarkson was the Omega of the Blue Crescent pack and a good friend to the Alpha. She was close with her father and did everything he did, hoping that one day she can be as great as he is. As she picked up her bag for school, she picked up the drawing she made for her father the night before to hang up in his study when he was feeling overwhelmed with stress and work to make sure the pack was safe when the Alpha was away. She made sure she stayed out his way and not add anymore stress then what he was already receiving. Going downstairs, grabbing her lunchbox and getting in the car, she started singing the whole way to school but the ride was cut short when a drunk driver slammed into her mother's side of the car, causing it to roll and once it landed back on all fours, she was the only one who actually made it out alive.

She had been untouched by death with only a concussion and mild bruising everywhere. When she looked back at the car, she screamed and cried at her mother's mangled body, crushed between the seat and metal, glass cut deep in her face. 2 ambulances arrived on scene and while one medic cleaned her up and checked for vitals to make sure she wasnt injured anywhere else, the others plus some fire trucks worked to pry open the car so they can get her mother out and get her to the hospital. After multiple attempts, they failed to save her mother and her father dropped to his knees, crying his eyes out at the loss of his wife. After the funeral, everyone changed. They blamed Lilly, thinking it was her fault her mother was dead. They pushed her around, beaten her up and tossed her aside. Her friends abandoned her, wanting nothing to do with her. Max shut himself away from her, took her picture she drew for him and tore it to pieces in front of her.

"This is all your fault! You're the reason she's dead! Now go cook my dinner!" He yelled before back handing her across the face and sending her flying across the room. She stayed on the ground and sobbed, tired of the abuse over the next several years.

By the time she was a Freshman in high school, everyone bullied her and she became mute. She wasnt allowed to speak unless spoken to, she couldn't eat until the last person ate. She moved from her old room to the attic, left with nothing but her mother's battered sundress, some shorts, underwear, some bras and a few tank tops. She hated her life since that day and wanted to run away but she knew she would be caught and beaten some more. And it was no use in fighting back because it would have been twice as bad. Getting up after her alarm goes off, she puts on her mother's sundress and goes to the kitchen to cook food for her father.

"Where the hell is my food?!" Max yelled as he was walking into the kitchen, fixing his tie.

She said nothing and continued cooking, avoiding getting a beating first thing in the morning. She hated the way he changed since her mother had died and was ready for her 15th birthday, even though it might not happen. On every kids 15th birthday, their wolves start showing themselves, first in personality then appearance and then they shift into their wolves. Every wolf in the pack is some kind shade of blue to match their name, Blue Crescent. Except for Lilly. She had dark silver hair, not like an old person's, her eyes a golden brown. A golden hazel if she angles her face the right way in the sun. Her skin had a deep golden tan, similar to a Hawaiian or a mixed kid (Don't be racist, readers.) She became mute and stopped talking. After finishing cooking and putting everything in front of her father, she headed back to the attic, grabbed her stuff for school and left.

Everyday she walked to school but she didn't mind it because it helped her clear her mind. She was dreading going to school because she was like a ghost, hated by everyone who wanted her gone. Getting there, she ran to her locker to grab her stuff and before she could open it, she felt someone grab her by her hair and smash her face into the locker.