ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟𝕖

Prodigy: Chapter One
Tuesday, March 31st, 2020

Hello and welcome readers to a new book that I'll most likely forget to finish. This is Prodigy, Hiro Hamada x Reader. Chapters are pretty long and this first one will be confusing but I think it'll be better.

Haaaa...

Anyways, before reading, I only mention these terms in the chapter. I'm sure you know them but here is the guide:
  • Y/n - Your name
  • F/IC - Favorite ice cream
  • H/C - Hair color
  • E/C - Eye color

═══ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ═══

Today is a a gloomy day in mid-July, clouds covered the sun. The incense flourished the air with a scent but it couldn't blind Hiro Hamada of death. In front of him stood the photo of his lost loved one, his older brother, Tadashi Hamada. Beside the frame was another picture of Dr. Callaghan, the teacher-to-be to Hiro.

Tadashi would've shown Hiro the ropes of the institue as Callaghan would've shown Hiro what the future holds if it weren't for the devastating fire that ended the pride and achievement of entering Sanfransokyo Institute of Technology to Hiro.

Candles were lit and it was silent all could only hear the whimpers and muffled cries of everyone who came. Hiro could feel his Aunt rub him comfortingly on his back but he felt numb to the gesture. Nothing could comfort him at death. Nothing could compare to the embrace of his older brother.

Lightning cracked and in the blink of an eye, Hiro is at his brother's funeral. He never imagined this day would come. Never should his brother die. Never should it be this early. The man who spoke of Tadashi couldn't be heard in Hiro's ears as he watched the coffin gradually drift six feet below. The thud came silent but Hiro can hear it. Tadashi lay there, dressed in a suit and tie for his own funeral. And now, he'll be covered in sand that his younger brother would scoop with a shovel.

Death is quick. And the aftermath seemed the same. At Tadashi's wake, Hiro and all who came stood upstairs from the cafè, talking and reminiscing of the late Callaghan and Tadashi.

Aunt Cass wore her silken black gown, holding the collar of it and gripping it in her hands as she spoke to Tadashi's friends. Honey Lemon rubbed Wasabi's back as they sip tea and coffee and look down in grief. GoGo and Fred couldn't say a word, nothing could muster from their throat as they watched Honey Lemon care for Cass.

"How does Hiro feel?"

Hiro sat at the top of the stairs that was the entrance to his and his brother's room. He stared at his feet and the polished wood that sat below them. How does Hiro feel?

He felt nothing. He felt like what anyone would feel when they lose yet another member of their family. Hiro didn't know what he felt when he lost his parents. It is almost eleven years since the night happened. The cold, lonely night of his parents' death.

Three-year-old Hiro probably felt the same. But his parents aren't here as much as Tadashi was there for Hiro. And now he's gone.

How long will it be when they take Cass too? Hiro felt guilty to even think about it. He couldn't hear anymore of his thoughts and the words that were exchanged downstairs. And so, he got up from the creaking boards and fell on his bed.

═══ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ═══

It is a sunny day for Y/n as she stood outside her house. School would be starting next month and that meant her mother forced her to go outside after all the introverted isolation Y/n put herself through during summer break. Clouds were in the sky but it wasn't as bad as two weeks ago. Today is the perfect day to take a walk.