ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

Prodigy: Chapter Three
Saturday, June 20th, 2020.

In the beginning, I cut it short with the family interactions. There's a reason for it but it's not that big of a deal. I hope you don't mind!

Abbreviations:
  • Y/n - Your name

═══ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ═══

I quietly enter my house, seeing my mom sit with a bowl in her hands. She used a whisk and stirred a mixture in the bowl. She had a raised brow and judging look.

"It's been a while, Y/n. Where were you?" She asked me. I smile and chuckle nervously, "I met a new friend."

"Who is this new friend? Y/n, I'm so happy! Who are they?" I smile and scratch my neck.

Well this was unexpected.

"He's a boy, mom. He's 14 and his name is Hiro." My mom grins widely. "When will I be meeting him?"

"He's not my boyfriend or anything. But I was planning on visiting him again tonight. Can I go?" My mom gave me a stare that I couldn't comprehend. She hums and nods, "What will you be doing?"

"His aunt, Cass, had leftover baked goods from her cafe. And we were going to binge watch movies together."

"Text me." My mom told me. I nod and run up my room, grabbing a backpack and going back downstairs to see my mother. I hug her and we exchange words before I leave the house for a day. I didn't even think I was.

But events are unexpected.

═══ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ═══

"Hiro! I'm back!" I wave my hand and knock on the garage door of the cafe. The door slides up and reveals Baymax in a full suit of armor and Hiro in his normal clothes. Hiro raised a hand above his head as if he were threatened and then laid it back to his side.

"Oh, Y/n. You scared me." Hiro lightly chuckled and I do the same. "I like your new outfit, Baymax." The said robot looks at me and gestures.

I pull Hiro's jacket to me and whisper, "Hiro, what are you planning?"

"We need to catch that guy. Are you coming with us?" I nod as if I'm okay with this but in reality, I'm nervous and scared.

What will this man do to us when he catches us?

"If he catches us." Hiro nudges my side and tugs on my sleeve, forcing me to follow him and Baymax. "I said that out loud?" I ask, embarrassed. Hiro chuckles and nods, "Yeah. You do it a lot but it's okay."

"I do?!" I asked. Hiro playfully and friendly puts his arms over my shoulders. But my mind and flushed face says otherwise. "Oh c'mon. Don't be too embarrassed." Hiro continues, "It's a unique perk about you."

"How is it a good thing?" I ask with a smirk.

I can tell Baymax was confused of what we were doing but it didn't seem like the robot mind that much.

"Well, let's say you unintentionally, subconsciously say something that happens to bring good?" I nod, "I should think of it that way. Thank you, Hiro."

Hiro gives me a toothy grin. The gap in his teeth was always so visible in the many times he showed me today. "Let's go." Hiro told me, taking his arm off my shoulder.

I follow him as we walked through tunnels and alleyways. I don't go out much. Let alone, out with a boy and his robot.

"So, what'd you upgrade for Baymax?" O asked Hiro. He gave me a toothy grin, "Added some sick karate moves and fighting techniques. Baymax now knows what a fist bump is."