『prσlσguє』

The candles flickered brightly across the walls of the hall, reflecting a starry night sky swirling on the ceiling. Four long tables were filled to the brim with eager young students chattering and awaiting a feast. 

One table, awash in a sea of black-and blue robes. Another with honey-yellow accents glinting in the torchlight. A third, featuring shiny black-and emerald garments. And a fourth, with red robes so vibrant they matched the fires burning in the fireplaces.

A table I so desperately longed to be a part of.

"We will now begin the Sorting Ceremony," Professor McGonagall announced. "When I call your name, please step forward."

As more and more first-years were called up, I looked towards the Gryffindor table, where two of my brothers were already seated. My two older brothers, Percy and Charlie were watching the Sorting Ceremony with great interest, cheering whenever a first-year landed in Gryffindor. Charlie looked over at me and waved. As I waved back, Percy looked over at me and mouthed 'Good Luck!' Even though the rest of my siblings thought he was a twat, I had a special relationship with Percy. We were both quite smart and sharp-witted.

I heard the name 'Weasley' called and I snapped up, imagining they had called me and I wasn't paying attention. But it was in fact my triplet brother George, being called up to the stool.

I moved to stand closer to my other triplet, Fred as George sat on the stool. Fred grinned at me and carefully wrapped his hand around mine as the hat was placed on George's head.

"GRYFFINDOR!" the hat exclaimed and everyone broke into applause.

"Don't be nervous," Fred whispered to me. "It's gonna be fine, sis."

The hat called his name and he let go of my hand to take his place on the stool.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

Fred grinned and took his place at the Gryffindor table. The moment he sat down, like magic, red ink flowed onto his pure black robe, sealing his role in Hogwarts.

One by one, the remaining students were sorted, until I was the only one left.

"Annabelle Weasley."

I quickly walked up and sat down on the stool, my hands shaking as I saw the other students' eyes on me. An old leather hat was placed on my head.

'Gryffindor, Gryffindor, Gryffindor, please Gryffindor!' I chanted in my head.

"Ah, Gryffindor huh? What makes you want to be in Gryffindor so badly?" the hat asked. 

'Everyone in my family is a Gryffindor, including my triplet brothers, so pleeeeeeeeease let me be in Gryffindor!' I begged.

"Ah, I see...don't want to disappoint the family now do you? Let's see... Oh, the wit however... Incredible... Absolutely incredible... better be... RAVENCLAW!"

The hat was slipped off of me, yet I remained on the stool in shock. A hand touched my shoulder, gently. 

"Miss Weasley?" Professor McGonagall said kindly. "Please go take your seat with your house."

I numbly climbed off the stool and walked to the table of blue. The second I slumped onto the bench, my robes were stained bright blue, marking me forever.

I dropped my head onto the table, quite close to tears. The headmaster was droning on, yet I didn't hear him. As a matter of fact, I didn't hear anything until I felt a hand on my back.

"Are you alright?" A gentle voice asked. I looked up to see a girl with short black hair was looking at me, concerned. 

I sighed. "Not really. This house wasn't exactly my dream."

She nodded sympathetically. "I understand."

I smiled at her, my tears quickly receding. "What's your name?"

She smiled. "I'm Penelope. Penelope Clearwater. You're Annabelle, right?"

I nodded. Penelope smiled. "Would you like to be friends?"

"Sure!"

Suddenly, the plates before us filled with food. I gaped at it all wide-eyed.

Penelope laughed as she began to help herself to the selection of food. I began to do the same, still not taking much. The Sorting Ceremony had drained my appetite. 

Penelope and I made a bit of small talk during dinner, but the remainder of my insides were still churned up. 'What if Mum and Dad are disappointed in me?'

Once dinner was over, everyone was lead back to their common rooms. As I began to follow Penelope, I heard shouts from behind me: "ANNABELLE!"

I spun around to see Fred and George rushing towards me at top speed. Only then did I let the tears flow. I ran towards them, crying, as they enveloped me in their arms. A few moments later, Charlie and Percy followed, forming one giant Weasley hug. 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm a disgrace, I'm a disappointment-" I sobbed into George's shoulder.

"Shut up! No you're not!" Fred and George shouted in unison.

"You're amazing. You're better than all of us, Annabelle," Percy said. 

"Ravenclaw is lucky as hell to have you," added Charlie. 

A few moments later, the hug broke up. I stayed with Fred and George, hugging them while Percy walked over to Penelope. "Thank you for trying to cheer up my sister." He said, shifting awkwardly.

Penelope smiled. "No problem at all."

Ok I know Penelope is supposed to be blond but for the sake of this story she has black hair.

Also yay new book