2. Caged

Cozbi's POV
When I could see around me again, I was being led between two fire spirits back in the Land of Tash. The fork? I began to struggle against them, but I knew it was no use. "Where are you taking me?" I shouted, still struggling.

"The room," one replied in a echoed, distorted voice, as was the voices of such creatures. I began to panic.

"No! No!" I shouted beginning to panic. I was shoved in and my breaths shortened as the ceiling began to go down and two of the walls began to shrink in. "Get me out!" I screamed, shoving my feet against the walls. I jerked awake, back on the stretch of white power and rolling blue. I tried to breath deeply, but it did little to calm my frantic heart. I got to my feet and looked around. Everything was much the same, so I began to make for the woods.

Silently, I began to walk through the trees on more of the white powder. I wish I knew the name of it, but that was not something to worry about now. The white powder was becoming sloshed and wet as I travelled on, but I did not question it, only moved on, always in the same general direction. Suddenly, I heard a loud sound penetrate the silence. I instantly lowered myself to the ground, my ebony eyes searching for the source.

It sounded much like the horn my father had whenever he held trials, but this one was sweeter and full of pride and victory. As I snuck closer, I saw three people walk to a crowd of pieces of cloth over some kind of structures. Still crouching low, I moved to the closest one. Then from that one to the next and the next, following the people and the weird blobs of brown with them. Other things had begun to crowd around them as I followed, but I paid them no mind.

Soon I was at the far edge of the camp, staring intently at the largest of all the cloth things. I had climbed into the top of a tree and was carefully staring down at the people. On my left was a small girl with short, brown locks and pale skin. Next to her was an older girl with longer hair and the same skin tone. I had only ever seen dark-skinned people down in my father's lands so seeing skin so pale, other than my own, was odd. The one on my far right was a boy with dirty-blond hair and a sword at his side.

Facing a centaur, he drew the sword and saluted. "We have come to see Aslan." My blood ran cold. I came here to get away from gods and yet I run into the son of one? Everyone turned to the large cloth thing and bowed. I was tense as I saw the golden head of a lion come forth. Everyone apart from the humans bowed, but my jaw clenched at the sight. The three humans bowed and the two beavers as I now saw they were, bowed too.

His voice was smooth and reminded me of his father's as he said, "Welcome, Peter, Son of Adam. Welcome, Susan and Lucy, Daughters of Eve. And welcome to you, beavers, you have my thanks. But where is the forth?" As he had been speaking, My hand slipped and a twig snapped, falling down to the ground. The centaur suddenly tensed, but no one else noticed.

I held my breath as he neared, only just hearing the boy, Peter, reply, "That's why we're here, sir. We need your help." The centaur was now right below the tree and looking down at the twig. If he looked up he would see me.

"We had a little trouble along the way," the older of the girls explained. Before their conversation could continued, I was suddenly yanked down, causing me to let out a cry of surprise.

"Get off me!" I shouted to the centaur. "Get your mortal hands off me!" He began to drag me to Aslan, but I screamed, "Get me away from him, let me go!"

"Orieous," the lion replied to my actions, "show her mercy, she doesn't understand much."

"Get off!" I screamed again, my eyes blazing.

"Peace, Demi-god," Aslan said. "Cozbi, am I correct?"

"Like you don't know!" I snarled. I had noticed the boy push the two girls behind him, looking alarmed himself at the sight of me. "I've had enough of gods or those associated with them so just let me go! I'll stay out of your way if you stay out of mine."

"I will speak to you later, I have other matters to handle. Put her in my tent and as a precaution bind her and make sure she doesn't go anywhere," Aslan commanded the centaur. I struggled madly until I was right before the 'tent' as he called it. Suddenly I felt an odd feeling in my palm. "Orieous!" the lion shouted in warning. He moved away from me as a sudden shot of a flame burst from my finger-tips. I stumbled back, surprised.

Turning to face the lion, I ordered, "Explain."

"Like I said, I have other matters first," he replied, seeming patient but not willing to talk at the moment, Scoffing, I turned on my heel and entered the tent. Muffled voices came into the tent, but I ignored them, crossing my arms and acting moody. Aslan finally entered and I rolled my eyes. "Cozbi, Daughter of Tash," he greeted, "I was surprised at your choice to live here."

I rolled my eyes again, "Aslan, Son of the Emperor. Explain this." Fire flared in my palm as I said those words, my eyes flashing dangerously.

Sighing, he explained, "On the rare occasion a Demi-god chooses a land other than the one they were raised in, a small part of their home goes with them. For you, part of your father's power."

"Great," I muttered, louder, I added, "Look, I don't care about this world so why not just let me go. I just want to keep to myself and ignore everyone, cool with you?"

I began to stand, but the lion retorted, "No, once you decided you chose to defend the land you chose. Now that includes Narnia."

Scoffing, I countered, "Yeah and probably at least seven or eight other countries and you expect me to protect all of them?"

"No, but I expect you to try," the lion countered.

"Oh and this 'just happens' to be your choice?" I hissed, "Why not my father's or my choice?"

Looking disbelievingly at me, he commented, "We both know my father is far more powerful than yours. Mine has the last call on everything." I rolled my eyes again.

"So what, I'm caged again?" I thundered, "I have to help protect this stupid country just because your father says so? I left the Lands of Tash to get out of a cage not to get into a new one."

His voice softening, he replied, "This is not another cage, you are still free."

"But not to choose where my loyalties lie," I countered, scoffing. "Yeah, fine." I walked out of the tent to see the boy from before staring at me. Raising an eyebrow, I asked, "Got something to say?" He shook his head but looked as if he wanted to say something. Before he could, I was taken away at the command of Aslan and put in a tent, my wrist and ankled shackled to a wooden board in the ground, mounted on a block of stone. Even with my strength, I wasn't going anywhere.

I rolled my eyes and ran my hands through my hair. Well time in the real world is going well, clearly. I rolled my eyes so hard I swear I could see the back of my head and leaned my head against the cot on the floor. I just wish I had my one true friend with me. Azar was a Phoenix back home and she was all I wanted right now, but I had not been allowed to take anything with me so I dreamed of her being with me in silence, a fierce longing for my friend in my heart.

Thinking of my one friend, sleep overcame me.