10

"I'm going in my room. I need to study."

"It's fine, Taeyongie. I'll clean these instead."

"Thank you, Jae."

After dinner, Taeyong goes into his room to study for tomorrow's midterms. Jaehyun cleaned the kitchen and the apartment. He lets the boy do whatever he needs to do. Seemed like it's very important.

After he cleaned, he took a seat on the couch to rest. He didn't know what to do at this point, now that it's already night time. But he thought about searching something so he took his phone on the coffee table. He typed the words 'i like you' to know its meaning. He still don't know why Taeyong gets flustered whenever he tells it to him.

Jaehyun reads a site about feelings. Maybe to him and Taeyong, everything is different. He is a hybrid and Taeyong's a human. He feels confused whenever Taeyong acts differently.

And he just needs to understand.

Though he read the whole article, nothing seemed to be matching. He did read about the different meanings of 'I like you' and 'I love you'. It's something he thought is useful. Atleast he knew why Taeyong got flustered. But there's was one question.

"Inlove?"

It was another word he felt clueless with. He searched it up and what came up was the title, 'How to know if you're in love?'

Jaehyun wanted to know more. He mindlessly read the whole site and somehow got the point of 'being in love.' There were even questions for him to answer. The feelings of 'being in love' were the things he felt whenever he's with Taeyong.

"I'm in love?"

"Jae?"

The man suddenly turned to look at the boy by the bedroom door frame.

"Yes, Taeyong?" Jaehyun asked, "Do you need anything?"

Taeyong shook his head, "Uhm...You can...sleep on my bed tonight."

The man saw some pink shade across Taeyong's cheeks and he was even looking away.

"I'm fine being on the couch, Taeyongie."

Taeyong shook his head, "Do me favor and sleep in here instead, okay? I'll just take a bath."

The boy walked into the bathroom and shuts the door behind him. Jaehyun just sighed and nodded.

In the middle of the night, Jaehyun woke up. He didn't know why but he looked around to just see the lamp beside the study table was on and it was the only thing giving some light in the dark room. He sat up and yawned. The man was just about to turn it off.

He saw Taeyong already sleeping.

Seemed like Taeyong slept in the middle of study. He has closed books and textbooks all over his space. Maybe he's tired.

Jaehyun stood to carefully pull Taeyong away from the table. He slid his hands under the body and slowly carried the boy. Seeing him in his arms made Jaehyun's heart to flutter.

Soon, he carefully laid Taeyong down on the bed. He made sure the boy was comfortable. He was leaning close, enough to look at the sleeping boy. Jaehyun just couldn't deny how pretty Taeyong is.

Suddenly, Taeyong's eyes started to flutter open so Jaehyun immediately pulled away.

"I...carried you to the bed. Are you finished studying?" Jaehyun laid down and covered themselves with a blanket.

Taeyong's eyes closed again and it made Jaehyun surprised to see the boy snuggling close to him.

"I am...I was just too tired to go to bed...and I didn't want to wake you up," Taeyong said in his bed voice.

The man smiled and just wrapped his arms around the small body. He made sure Taeyong's close and comfortable against his chest.

"Take some rest, Taeyongie...Good night."

Jaehyun turned the light off before he puts his nose on Taeyong's hair.

Taeyong woke up. He felt very warm and knew Jaehyun was hugging him close. His heart was fluttering and felt butterflies in his stomach. He blushed but admitted that he loved being in Jaehyun's arms.

But when he slowly looked at the clock on his front wall, his eyes widened.

"Shit, I'm late!"

Jaehyun woke up when Taeyong exclaimed words. The boy lifted the arms around him and immediately stood from the bed. Jaehyun heard fast footsteps and a door slammed. He didn't know why but he heard Taeyong that he was late for school.

The boy took his bath fast. He was behind schedule and he needs to be in class before 15 minutes. It was his first time to be this late. Maybe he slept well because of Jaehyun. It was a good sleep after several sleepless nights.

Taeyong finished and dressed himself simple. He took his bag from his room and ran to the kitchen. He smelled food and knew Jaehyun was cooking.

"Jae--"

Jaehyun turned and handed out a packed lunch. Taeyong felt dumbfounded.

"You're late, right? I just put the food inside a tupperware. You should eat it in school," Jaehyun said.

Taeyong slowly accepted it and smiled, "Thank you. Let's go?"

The man nodded and left the apartment with the boy, hand in hand.

A/N: leave if it's too cringey

aCK

btw if y'all too lazy bc quarantine, read my jaeyong smut book ;)

on my acc lauvily

Love lots ♥