Chapter 12

I've Been Through Worse

Narrators pov:

That night was probably the worst any professor has ever experienced. Each of them took turns watching the anger-fueled student thrash around yelling to be let go. There wasn't anything they could've done other than to possibly wait it out.

Professor Snape had his potions book in hand looking through it as it was his turn to watch over (Y/n). Again.

"Let me out! I want to twist that stupid pug-faced girl to oblivion!!"

"Quiet down I'm trying to read"

The doors burst open revealing Professor Lupin covered in light moss and soaked to the bone huffing heavily. Snape just turned to him rolling his eyes. He got up avoiding being touched by the soaked Professor.

"Where have you been? It was your turn hours ago, figured you of all people would stay by her reckoning this might have been your fault of her change"

"I was at the bottom of the Black Lake looking for her necklace those Grindylows are not playful at night"

"Uhuh when she awakens send her to my class"

Professor Lupin nods rushing over to (Y/n) practically wrestling her on the bed to put on the necklace. "Just.let.me--THERE!"

(Y/n)'s eyes widen dropping to the bed as the Crystal did its job, cocooning her in her sleep. He sat in the chair Snape was in sighing in defeat. Even though he got the necklace back the guilt was still there, leaving a bittersweet taste in his mouth. How could he have been so mindless to let something like that happen to her.

"I'm so sorry I shouldn't have taken you to the Lake if this was the outcome. I promise it'll be safer our next session"

Professor Lupin laid his hand on (Y/n)'s head wiping away her loose strands. Her breathes began to speed up opening her eyes. She turned to the distressed Professor hearing what he said.

(Y/n) pov:

"But where's the fun in that?"

I sit up startling Professor Lupin he just covers his face resting his elbows on his knees. I hang my feet off the bed facing him as I touched my face feeling the veins pulsating. "Don't tell me you're going to change your mind on doing these one-hour lessons right?"

"No, but I'll make them safer for you"

"Ah what?! But being safe is boring I finally attend the foolish lesson that I for some reason need and--"

"I'd rather you be bored and safe than have you near murder someone because of me"

I huffed at his words remembering something, "What day is it?"

"Don't worry you didn't miss much you only went out for a couple of hours, Professor Snape told me to tell you to go to his class after waking up but I'll go with you"

"...Why?"

"Because I feel that it's only fair to at least assist you over there"

I shrugged getting up slowly waddling next to Professor Lupin who just mumbled a bunch of stuff I couldn't understand. After 3 years of waddling, we made it to Professor Snape's class. I knock receiving an 'its opens' groan.

Professor Lupin opens the door motioning me in. I waddle in greeting Professor Snape loudly smiling at his displeased face. He groans turning back to the bubbling cauldron stirring slowly and turning off the fire below it. "I see you brought company Ms.(L/n)...Lupin"

"Hello, Snape... Again"

"Grab yourself a cup so you can go to bed"

Professor Snape ignores Professor Lupin pointing at the cupboard. I waddled over listening to their conversation.

"I see you have a heart now Snape?"

"Unlike you, I know what I'm doing Lupin next time make sure whatever goes through that head of yours doesn't affect her or the students in any horrible way possible"

I grabbed the cup waddling back Professor Snape takes the cup pouring a large amount of the potion handing it back. I gagged at the smell quickly drinking it without a thought.

I touched my face feeling the veins disappear I thanked Professor Snape heading out the door with Professor Lupin behind.

"So I noticed something"

"And that is?"

"The way you were talking with Professor Snape, did you know him before coming here?"

He nods giving a hearty chuckle, "Yup but we weren't in any way friends he hated me and my friend's guts"

"Yeah, Professor Snape doesn't like a lot of people he gives me this feeling that he doesn't care but he does... Like deep down"

"Well he did go through a lot throughout our years here, anyway this is my stairway up have a goodnight and I'm sorry for what happened"

"It's okay I've been through worse, night"

✯¸.•´*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

Tonight's sleep was absolutely unbearable for some reason my back was killing me so I had to sleep on my stomach and I never understood why females complain about wishing they could sleep on their stomach again until tonight.

They're not very big but they are noticeable at this point in time and I miss sleeping on my stomach comfortably.

The next day I honestly was thinking of calling it a sick day but then again Professor Snape might burst through the door and drag me to class.

I changed into my uniform doing whatever I needed to do in the bathroom and left the bathroom without a word to my roommates. After that whole ordeal, I figured they might not want to talk to me for a while. That's okay most of the time they speak rubbish nonsense.

Smoky has also been acting weird lately for most nights he's been wanting to get out of his cage I mean that's normal for him but he's been wanting to get outside more. On most days he disappears for a whole night and comes back at 6 in the morning.

I'm not trying to intrude on his business but still, he's my baby and I, as his Guardian, am curious as to where he's flying off to. Well besides that Smoky has been bringing back "Gifts" on his nightly adventures.

Just last night he brought back a sand dollar shell. Like what the bloody hell did you fly to the beach or something cause I know well enough there are no sand dollar shells here at Black Lake.

I went to Smoky's open cage greeting him, as usual, he hoots munching on his food. I smiled scratching his head and left to start my day. I go down the stairway finding the one person I was actually hoping to see. Flint. I ran up to him grabbing his arm asking if I can talk to him in private. He does his usual smirk taking me outside of the common room and shutting the door.

"What's up?"

"I've been thinking about this for a while and I'm sure about my choice--"

"Of course you can join me for Dinner no need to be shy~"

"Eh? I mean sure I'll join you Flint but I wanted to ask you if I can take my spot back as Seeker"

"Oh... Uh sure but you'll need to try out against Draco for the spot... If he comes back that is"