Luke Tuesday Afternoon

Jemma turned up the radio and sang at the top of her lungs. It was quite annoying. She was singing an Arctic Monkeys song as we pulled into Beach Burgers.

"You seem grumpy," Jemma pouted.

"I just had a long day."

Jemma slammed the car door and crossed her arms. Squinting, she read a sign out loud.

"Closed," she said. "Why the hell would it be closed?"

"No idea. Get back in the car and we will go to the Chinese restaurant across the road," I said.

That Chinese place always had good noodles and the owner was really nice. Maybe it will go well after all.

•••

Jemma scanned over the menu as the waitress approached our table.

"Hello Luke and Jemma!" Pattie, our favourite waitress exclaimed, "Nice to see you again!"

"Good to see you too Pattie," Jemma replied politely. She was such a kiss up.

Rolling my eyes I asked for a coke.

Once Pattie walked away with our drink orders, Jemma said, "God Luke, can you ever smile?"

"Shut up Jemma."

"So how was your day," Jemma asked. She knows how much I hate that question.

"It was fine. I just work really hard everyday. We always fool around during rehearsal and never get anything done. And paparazzi is everywhere trying to get pictures of us and it just sucks. Your just a normal kid who gets to go to high school and don't have to worry about getting the notes right and not messing up in front of the whole freaking world." I said angrily.

"Well you think my life is easy?" Jemma was starting to yell, "Well it isn't, ok? School is hard! I'm failing math and my boyfriend just broke up with me! It must be so easy to be in a band. All you ever have to do is sing and hang out with your friends and everyone loves you! So don't tell me my life is easy!"

"Well it is," I said pushing her buttons. She is going to hate me after this.

Once Pattie came back out with our food, I asked her if she could put it in a box to go. She came back a minute later with our noodles and we were ready to go. But her mother, the owner, stopped us.

"Have a fortune cookie!" she handed us two fortune cookies.

We opened them and read them in unison as Pattie's mother walked away smiling.

"A journey soon begins, it's prize reflected in another's eyes. When what you see is what you lack, then selfless love will bring you back."

And then, the restaurant started shaking. I grabbed onto the door until it stopped.

"Did anyone feel that?" I said to no one in particular.

People looked at me strangely, so I assumed that was a no. Jemma and I walked at the door, still alarmed from the mini earthquake.

We didn't talk the whole car ride home.

___________________________

hey guys! hopefully you liked that chapter! it was almost exactly like the movie but I read another fanfic like that based off a movie.

please vote for it!!

-bella