Day 1461

I was seated in my class, as early as eight in the morning (my usual timing). I sat there, with my head lying on the table, and my arms around my head. slowly, everyone else started entering the class. If you were me, you would notice that the order of the people entering the class would have the shyest ones first, and the least shy and socially most active people coming last. How I noticed it Well I'm the shyest person in the class.

A few minutes after class started, Pranav entered the class. Pranav and I have been in the same class since 2nd grade. I don't remember talking much to him, but I also don't remember him talking less to me. We almost immediately became friends. Rachith, he and I have been close friends since 2nd grade, but those two have known each other since they joined this institution.

They literally know everything about me, like my first public embarrassment, my first cry in school, my first birthday party(no I Never wanted to have a birthday party until I was in 6th grade), and they have been with me through all this. They also know my first and only crush, who now walked through the door after Pranav.

"Where is Rachit", I asked. "He's sick. Probably won't come tomorrow either" he replied. He continued to plan about visiting him after school, but I was too busy admiring my crush to pay any attention to him.

"You hear me?" He shook my arms and I snapped out of her charm. "Huh" I asked cluelessly. Just as we were gonna start a conversation, Lohith joined us. "PK, I need to show you something", he said and dragged Pranav away. Yea, he called him PK, short for, Pranav Kamath. And the reason why he called him was that Pranav is more famous than any other kid in the entire school. I still don't understand how we became friends.

After this I continued to stare into Pratyusha's eyes. Don't confuse me for a creepy stalker; I just don't want to do anything else. After a few seconds I snapped back to my senses I took out my sketchbook. I continued to sketch until the bell rang and it was time for snacks.

After eight hours of isolation at school it was time for more isolation at home. But as I was about to hop onto a bus, Pranav came to me and we went to Rachith's house together. "Rachith is inside resting, come in", his mom welcomed us inside the house. When we walked in to find him combing his dog we were shocked on seeing him. No, not shocked upon seeing him sick; shocked upon seeing him with his hair oiled. Additional to that, he had his hair combed to the side.

"Who are you and what did you do with Rachith?" Pranav joked. "Apparently I am not allowed to touch the comb until I'm well, so mom set my hair". "But you never set your hair", Pranav pointed out. "Oh shut up". While these two were busy arguing about who had the better set of hair, I was busy playing with Rachith's dog. The reason why I liked him was that he was the only other person (or dog) I knew, which opened its mouth only as rarely as I do.

Then when Pranav went to get some water after his winning argument, Rachith came up to me and asked, "Was there any improvement today". I rolled my eyes. "There hadn't been any improvement in 1460 days. What made you think day 1461 would be any different". He looked shocked. "Dude, why do u even keep a count of this?"

Soon it was time for us to leave. If I wouldn't b back home by seven, I'd probably have to spend the rest of the night sleeping in my balcony. Trust me, I have.

I somehow reached home by 6:50, but it didn't make things any less scary to go inside. I somehow managed to convince my parents that I was at Rachith's house because he was sick. By the time I convinced them, it was already nine. I quickly had my dinner and went to sleep.