1.5

haechan had to go back to the nct headquarters to do some explaining.

jaehyun was probably fuming.

they had really messed up big time.

haechan hand trembled as he knocked on the door of jaehyun's office. 

" come in. " his deep voice called out.

haechan took a seat at the foot of his table, interlacing his fingers.

" so. i heard jaemin messed up. and this soojin girl was hurt ? "

he meekly nodded, afraid any word that left his lips would anger him.

jaehyun massaged the temples of his head, waving haechan to leave.

and so he went back to his office.

        _______________________

what the heck is wrong with me ? why am i so temperamental ?

haechan thought to himself with anxiety. 

the sudden burst of anger , hatred , disappointment , annoyance and most oddly , love he had felt puzzled him greatly. 

jaemin had never made a big mistake , why now ? 

he knew that it was important.

was he betraying us ? 

what was going on ?

there were so many question marks in haechans mind to the point that it drew a white blank.

he'd always loved jaemin as a brother , and soojin as a sister. so why the wave of emotions ? 

just then , " ring ! " his office telephone rang. 

a muffled voice buzzed over the reccuring static sound , " we can and will take the drive. i suggest you hand it over. or we will hurt her,  " before ending the call.

haechan clenched his fists in agitation, before landing a fist his desk.

" they can't take soojin. not her. "

just as he sat down , he imaged the said girl grinning with jubilee. 

an unknown feeling bubbled in his chest and there were butterflies in his stomach.

" nonono , it can't be. " haechan uttered. 

right there and then , it was a moment of epiphany for him.

he had fallen. 

for her.

what he thought was impossible became a reality. he just couldn't bring himself to face it. the only resolve was to rid of his feelings was to keep his distance. there was no other way or she would be in greater danger.

𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙚 ; 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙪𝙥𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 3 𝙙𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙨𝙤 𝙬𝙚'𝙧𝙚 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙙𝙤𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙪𝙥𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣 !! 𝙞 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚'𝙨 𝙨𝙖𝙛𝙚 𝙣𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙩 ت