If she's really our friend

"And I want my pink shirt back!" Damien yelled behind him and he and Janis slowly drove away from a guilt ridden Cady on his grandmothers jazzy. He mumbled words of frustration as his usually dead inside best friend cried silently into his brown hair.
After arriving at Damien's house the duo quickly made their way down to the basement (the gay cave as Janis called it).
"Hey, you ok mon amour?" Damien asked, concern and sympathy echoing through his voice. He was hurt sure, but he knew it had gotten to Janis more.
Janis was silent for a minute, until she eventually lifted her teary eyes to Damien's, revealing her now mascara covered face.
"Mon amour," Damien said softly once again before embracing his smaller friend in a comforting bear hug, letting her cry into his shoulder.
"It's just...I thought I finally found someone that wasn't you who was actually willing to hang out with me." She admitted
"Ouch." He said with a look of fake hurt on his face.
"Oh shut up you know what I mean. You're like my brother and I thought I could actually have another friend but nooooo, god forbid the gay girl have a female friend!" She finished before rubbing the remaining tears from her face.
"God, I'm so stupid! Why did I even bother?"
"Hey, no! Don't you dare say that! You Janis Sarkisian are the most talented badass I know and well, Cady is just to blinded by popularity and pretty boy Aaron right now to truely see that. And I saw the look on her face, I know she feels guilty about what she said." He paused for a second to look her dead in the eyes, "trust me you funky little lesbian, if she was ever truely our friend she'll come back."
Janis smirked at the nickname before giving her friend a grateful hug.
Yeah, if Cady was ever her friend she'd come back. Would Janis forgive, she wasn't sure, but that was for another day.
She looked up at Damien, "We're watching Sweeny Todd." She said not even waiting for him to answer before getting up to look for said movie.
He didn't argue, he was just happy to see her smile again.

__________________________