Chapter eighteen

It's a new day. Time to meet my lover and my husband who goes to the same school as me. Sounds weird isn't it?
All the wedding moments felt like a dream.

Today I decided to ride with Nikki. She moved to the house near mine while I was busy in New York getting married. So it makes it all the more difficult to avoid the subject of my disappearance.

I waved my goodbyes to my parents as I took a seat in Nikki's car.

Nikki started to question me as we rode.
" Mia where were you for the past week? Me and Adam got worried sick. It was like you and your family just disappeared from the face of the planet. A little heads-up would have been nice. "

I groaned as I knew that she would throw many questions my way.

"Nikki I had some family crisis I had to take care of. Everything is fine now. Can we please drop this subject? "

Nikki looked at me suspiciously. She wanted to ask more but kept quiet as she knew better about me.

"Nikki, what were you doing this weekend? I saw your Instagram pictures with Shane. Are you both a thing now? "

Yes like I promised Shane, I made Nikki go to his party. She hesitated to go alone at first but finally gave in.

Nikki blushed at the mention of his name. "Yes, I and Shane decided to date for some time ".

I squealed as I hugged her tightly reaching to her seat. I felt so happy for Nikki.

We talked happily till we drove to school.

As we halted in the parking lot the sight in front of me got on my nerves. I felt jealousy boil inside me as I wanted to rip her hands off my husband.

Ryan's car is parked a few meters from ours. I could see Stella leaning on him and playing with his button. It was breaking my heart to see her so close to Ryan. But Ryan seemed purely disinterested in her as he gently pushed her hand and walked away with his friends.

Stella looked around to see if anyone noticed and stomped away behind him.

The nerve of that girl to keep chasing him after he showed pure disregard for her gesture. My hand almost formed a fist.

Nikki's voice brought me back to my senses "Come on let's go Mia. What's the issue? "

"Nothing "I replied vaguely as I  walked out of the car.

Secret admirer POV:

Mia is looking angelic in her white top and jeans today. Oh, how I missed her so much. I long to take her in my arms and kiss her.

Just a few more days left before graduation. Until then I will wait for you, my love. Today I gave my notes to Cole our messenger. I can't wait to tell you who I am. I will see you in class.

Mia's POV:

I shared my first period of every Monday with Ryan. So I knew I would see him in class.

For some odd reason, I kept staring at Ryan's head whenever I could. And to make the growing feelings worse he turned around once in a while to lock eyes with me. Each time he gave me a smile I felt butterflies fill my stomach.

What do these strange behaviors mean? I cannot keep doing this. I have to fix up my mind either to continue my relationship with my lover boy or start a new one with Ryan. My life is getting complicated at the moment. How can I stop this...

During lunch time the cafeteria was packed with students. Me and my friends sat at our usual spot. My mind was preoccupied with these mixed feelings while my friends kept talking about random topics.

And then I groaned as I saw her again. Argh. It was too much to bear this time.

At Ryan's table, Stella was trying to sit on his lap while he constantly protested and pushed her away.

He locked eyes with me.

It was like he understood how I felt. In the next few minutes, the whole cafeteria went quiet with his outburst.

"Enough Stella. How many times do I have to tell you that I am taken? Don't touch me. I feel like I have been infested by nasty insects. Stay away from me. "

Stella stood up abruptly. " You. How dare you talk to me like that? I am your girlfriend so I can do whatever I want"

'Oh really. I am his wife. I will not spare you if you keep stalking him' my mind voice echoed in my head.

He spat back at her, " I am not your boyfriend. We were never together. I love someone else and she is my everything. Stop bothering me or else I will make sure you regret being born on this planet. "

I forgot that Ryan has a girlfriend from another school. But it's confusing that he didn't mention her during these last few days. I made a mental note to ask him later.

The whole cafeteria was silent. Ryan is sweet but he can be the most threatening if anyone gets on his bad side.

Queen Bee and her minions left the cafeteria in an act of frustration.

Everyone went back to what they were doing. Ryan sat down and looked at me and gave me a nod.

I understood what he meant. It was like he chased her away to calm me down.

But his girlfriend?!?! 

Why did he fail to mention about her. ?!?