Chapter 10 Gwen

Five minutes must have passed, or was it longer? Gwen wasn't certain, but when his senses finally kicked in, he twitched his hand. He felt the tingle linger on his lips, Did... did he just...? Gwen didn't know how to wrap his mind around this. He tried to process the information to which his mind kept coming up as, "ERROR DOES NOT COMPUTE." The young boy blinked several times before he turned around to see if the jock was still there, but he was already gone. Only trails of fallen leaves were left.

Gwen wondered why Nathan, of all people, had kissed him. The jock was on a completely different social level than he was. Heck, for all Gwen knew, Nathan was the most popular and good-looking teen there was at their high school. Him on the other hand? He was on the lowest tier as well as the least attractive with his messy curly orange hair, freckled face, thick glasses, and conservative clothing. The young boy's mind was still replaying the kiss. This was technically his second time Nathan's lips were on his when he received the kiss of life the first time. Frustrated, but also flattered, Gwen finally arrived home.

"Milo!" He was soon tackled by a girl several years older than him.

"Brooke?" Gwen pulled away from the girl, "What are you doing back home from college?!" His face beamed to see his older sister. He hasn't seen her for about a year. Her hair was in a fiery messy bun, her green eyes radiated in beautiful marbles, and she wore her school logo jacket and a pair of blue jeans.

"I decided to come home for the winter quarter! With Thanksgiving and Christmas around the corner, I had to see my favorite baby brother!" She giggled as she tried to pinch his cheeks.

Gwen laughed and pushed her away, "Alright alright, stop that!" Once they calmed down he asked, "So, you're not taking any classes at all for this quarter?"

"Well, I decided to take some online classes! I had to be home for mom's Thanksgiving dinner! Plus, who else is going to help her?" She seemed excited, but then cast her eyes to the ground and smiled softly. "Our family isn't complete without Landon being here..." She sighed. Their older brother hasn't come home for about a year and a half, he's been focusing on his military career.

Gwen nodded in agreement, he also wished his older brother would come back home. Brooke dragged him into his room and closed the door for privacy. "Alright spill, you HAVE to have gotten a girlfriend by now."

The younger sibling smiled sheepishly and scratched the back of his head, "Nope."

"What?! With that baby face of yours, how would anyone deny you? What about that girl, oh what's her name... Hana, right?"

"Well, I'm..." I don't find any girls attractive... He thought to himself, "I'm the dork of the school, so no. Besides, Hana and I are JUST friends, nothing more." He chuckled.

The two siblings continued to talk the night away to catch up on daily life and to fill in the gaps of what had happened between the both of them. Things felt normal, while everything was falling into place between the two of them. Besides the huge secret, he had been leaving out of the family.