5

Suddenly, I heard twigs snapping and someone running towards us. "Guys, somebody's coming."I yelled, dropping my bowl and lifting the bow I had next to me. It was Fili who came running, yelling something about trolls and Bilbo rescuing horses. "Aim yourself, come on, let's go," Thorin yelled. I ran after him into the forest, where we met Ori, and together we ran to the Kili, who stood there armed with his sword, facing three fat trolls. One of them had Bilbo in his Hand. "I said you drop him," Kili said just as we arrived at the clearing. While the others attacked with swords, I shot an arrow at one of the trolls, piecing through the hand. I ran around shooting arrows until we went to a halt. "Bilbo," Kili yelled when I saw why I lifted my bow. "No!" Thorin said, holding his nephew back. The Trolls had Bilbo holding him on his arms and legs. "Lay down your arms! Or we'll rip his off! Don't bother cooking them! Let's sit on them and squash them into jelly!" One of the trolls yelled. We all put our weapons down and got put into dirty, scratchy bags. Those dumb trolls threw me on the pile of dwarfs, which made them all growl at me. "Sorry guys, seriously, yell at those morons, not me." I snapped at them. Somehow, I managed to squeeze next to Thorin. "Are you OK?" he whispered. "I am in a bag about to die killed by three Morons." she replied, which made Thorin smile. "They should be sauteed and grilled with a sprinkle of sage." A Troll said to his brother. "Oh, that does sound quite nice." replied one of the others. "Never mind the seasoning, we ain't got all night! Dawn isn't far away. Let's get a move on! I don't fancy getting turned to stone." the third Troll said while we all cursed and tried to wiggle free, but the string holding the back around us. "Wait! You are making a terrible mistake." Bilbo said, trying to get up but tripped a few times, stepping onto the feet of my fellow dwarfs. "You can't reason with them. They're half-wits!"Dori replied. "Half-wits? What does that make us?" Bofur asked. He was "roasting" over the fire. "Seriously, Bilbo, what is your plan?" I whispered, but Bilbo ignored me. "I meant with the...uh, with the...with the seasoning," Bilbo told the Trolls. "What the hell are you doing?" I snapped between my teeth. "What about the seasoning?" The Troll asked. "Well, have you smelt them? You'll need something stronger than sage before you plate this lot up!" Bilbo said I tried to kick him but got Thorin instead. "Owe," he grumbled. "Sorry," I whispered. "What do you know about cooking dwarf?" The second Troll asked. "Shut up, and let the...uh, flurgerburbur-hobbit talk." The first Troll said, smacking his brother on the Shoulder. Bilbo mumbled and tried to distract the Trolls until he had a great idea: telling the trolls to eat us raw. "Are you crazy? Stupid Hobbit." I yelled with the others while they cursed in Khuzdul. "He's right! Nothing wrong with a bit of raw dwarf. Nice and crunchy." Troll number Three said, lifting Bombur. "Uh...not...not that one, he...he's infected!" Bilbo yelled, which led to Bombur falling on top of me. "You what?" The first Troll said. "Are you fricking kidding me?" I asked Bombur, who tried to roll down from me but made it worse. "Yeah, he's got worms in his...tubes." Bilbo told the trolls. "What on earth are you trying to do, Bilbo?" he asked but didn't turn around. "Ooh!" The Troll said with an odd look at his brothers. "They all have. They have parasites. It's a terrible business. I wouldn't risk it. I really wouldn't." Bilbo said. "What the hell are you talking about?" I yelled at Bilbo again. "Parasites? Did he say parasites?" Oin asked. "Yeah, we don't have parasites. You have parasites," Kili yelled near my legs. I felt something pocking me in my hint region, and as I turned my head, I saw Thorin looking at me. "What?" I whispered. "play along." he replied, which made me look even more confused. Thorin shook his head and nudged Kili and Oin, who were smarter than me. "I've got parasites as big as my arm!" Ori yelled. "Mine are the biggest parasites, I'vet huge parasites!" Kili yelled louder than Dori. The Other Dwarfs joined in, saying that they all have parasites. Thankfully, we had Gandalf, who had left the group after the argument with Thorin. Gandalf freed Thorin and Bilbo, while Bilbo helped the others. Thorin untied me from the sack and helped me on my feet. "I am so sorry, Thorin, for kicking you," I said, standing back on my feet. "Don't worry about it, Nessy," he replied with a little smile that I gave back. He released my hand, which he had pulled me up with, and turned to Gandalf, who walked by. "Where did you go to, if I may ask?" He asked the Wizard. "To look ahead," Gandalf replied. "What brought you back?" Thorin asked back while I helped the others.