Jude

UNEDITED!!!

Two weeks had passed and Ola had been speaking to Jude, he honestly wasn't bad. Well he should actually be thanking Chris for telling her to give him a chance. Tomorrow was going to be their first date, Ola wasn't nervous because she knew that tomorrow would reveal if he honestly was worth the reply.
They had been talking a lot, Ola wasn't sure if she should blame it on the boredom or if he was genuinely interesting.
Deep down Ola was praying for a flop, because the guys first impression already threw her off.

"If he should try and show off again, I'd honestly ask him what he has because I don't understand", Ola said to Chris while trying to do the dishes.

"But what did he do wrong?, He's just trying to show you that he'd take care of you", Chris said serving her plate for the third time today.

Chris was a glutton normally but this pregnancy was increasing her appetite. It was a little scary.

"Chris one day you'd eat us", Mide chuckled as he watched his wife take the third plate of rice.
Luckily for Mide, Chris ignored him this time. Her mood swings had been unbearable, Mide was so close to leaving the house at one point because he couldn't do it anymore.

"She's eating for your baby, don't be insensitive ", Ola said.

"I should get going now, it is game night with the boys", Mide stood up adjusting his shirt and giving Chris a kiss on her forehead.

Ola internally sighed because she really loved their love. It was so genuine. They had started dating since their last year in high school, Ola remembered how Chris had a crush on Mide for the longest time and how she was stoked to find out that he felt the same way. They dated for 6 years, talk about commitment.
Knowing how much a handful her friend was, she knew that Mide genuinely loved her.

"Does your friend leave close by?", Mide had to think of a quick lie because he already promised Tommy and these women were the inquisitive type, meaning that they'd not let him go until he answers all their questions.

"Well not really, we're watching the game at a bar today".

"Oh, you're so sweet, so you dropped Chris off first before going there, I love love", Ola said, making heart gestures with her hands.

"Yeah, I would be back to pick Chris up, please watch over my angel and make sure she doesn't eat anymore", Mide said after letting out a sigh.

Technically he hadn't lied, there was a bar close to Tommy's new crib.

Ola and Chris had settled in the living room, trying to figure out what to watch on Netflix. She kept on scrolling, finally handing the remote to Chris because she didn't deem anything worthy. She was interrupted from her mini argument with Chris on who was a better actor, Idris Elba or Chris hemsworth by sound of her phone ringing. It was Jude calling.

"Hey"

"Hey"

"How was work today? ".

"I didn't go today".

"Any reason in particular?".

"It was a beautiful day to sleep in".
Jude laughed at Ola's joke.

"I was just calling to find out if tomorrow was still happening, and if you didn't suddenly develop cold feet".

"Lai se wedding", (meaning when it is not a wedding).

"Give it 2 years from now".
Ola was shocked at the fact that he was already thinking future when they had not even had their first date. She hadn't even thought about tomorrow but he was already making wedding plans.