One - Raid

Haiii I'm Kadiecus Lyanzie (not my real name) and I love Warrior Cats and so here I am presenting to you {Warrior Cats: Thunderstorms}!

Moonlight glazed the smooth stones, turning them silver. Dark shadows slithered through the undergrowth. Unsheathed claws gleamed, pairs of eyes glowed. It was all so quiet, until...

With the flick of his ear, the silence was broken by a long yowl.

Shadowy figures poured into the clearing from all directions. Even more emerged from the bush, clawing their way, through the thorny brambles scratching at their pelts, into the camp clearing.

Two young warriors were under the moonlight sitting out their vigils silently. Whipping around to see claws and teeth flashing, the two warriors immediately went defensive, dodging blows while scrabbling back towards the leader's den.

By now the camp was no longer sleeping. Shadows emerged from within dens made of brambles and thickets, and a grey figure stepped out from under the Highrock, looking on in horror. She threw herself at the nearest enemy she could see, saving a tawny tabby queen from her fierce opponent.

"FalconClan! We're under attack!" Lakestar managed to yowl, before slipping back into the battle.

There were about fifteen cats, but like all RavenClan cats they were formidable opponents not to be underestimated. Claws flashed, and fur flew around in the clearing. Screeches of battle filled the air.

"Fox dung!" Lakestar spat, smacking her opponent in the face. Thrushclaw was taken off-guard and fell back, dazed from the impact. Lakestar took this chance to land on top of him and pin him down. "Tell me..." Lakestar snarled, "how would raiding our camp do you any good?"

The large brown and cream deputy sneered, "If it wasn't one of your sly little warriors who killed Nightstar, who else would?" Leaving Lakestar looking shocked and taken aback for a few heartbeats, he slipped out from under her and it was all she could do to roll away from a belly-rake.

"Those mouse brained RavenClan warriors," Lakestar seethed, taking a moment to savour the sting in a new wound she earned from that wrestle with the strong tom. "What would we gain from killing Nightstar?" she thought angrily, but wasting no further time as she threw herself right back into the difficult task of defending the Clan.

She saw Leafdapple struggling under the weight of an injured silver cat, having a hard time carrying her over to the medicine den. She turned around just in time to see that a dark grey tom had pinned down a pretty tawny queen, his body and fangs poised for the killing bite. "NO!" Lakestar screeched, bowling over the massive, almost black warrior and earning herself a deep cut in the process. The tom took some time to recover from the impact but nonetheless bit down and attacked her at her hind leg. She violently rolled and shook her back legs, flinging the grey warrior against the Highrock.

"Lightningclaw," Lakestar snarled, her face red with fury and the thrill of battle. The blue-eyed tom stared back at her expressionlessly and took no time to get up onto all fours again. "Lakestar," he growled back, claws extended, he leapt at her.

The young leader rolled to the side easily. The grey warrior charged at Lakestar and she copied, sticking out a paw at the last second and taking the heavy warrior's legs from under him. He landed heavily on the ground, but effortlessly got up and dodged Lakestar's claw swipe quickly.

"RavenClan!" A yowl unexpectedly arose from the other side of the clearing, where much to Lakestar's horror she saw Thrushclaw standing next to a dead warrior in triumph. Oh no, she thought with a heavy sinking feeling. We lost a Clanmate. "We shall return to our camp. I believe these mouse brains got the signal," Thrushclaw announced smugly and shot a cutting glare at Lakestar. She felt a sense of dread when she spotted the lump of flame-coloured fur at Thrushclaw's paws.

Foxstripe. My loyal friend.

"Come on RavenClan," Thrushclaw said, and took his exit. The dark warriors left as quickly as they came, leaving their sleepy, weak opponents standing hopelessly amongst the spoils of war.