Chapter 1:The Massacre

The day of The Great Avian Massacre, is one day that is engraved in my mind for the rest of my life. It was the day I lost my group ,my friends ,and my flock.

FLASHBACK 

I love ,love ,love ,love ,love flying the thrill of death defying drops that hunger for adrenaline. ill take any chance to get out of the Nest and fly even if that leaves me on hunting duties for my group. Its Wednesday and thats the day that our area is allowed to send people out to hunt for the week for some odd reason only I left for hunting that day I just thought that the other groups already had enough food already and didn't see it necessary to go out and hunt.

Our group on the other hand always hunts just the amount that we need to not waste any food. As i Jumped off of the cliff that the Nest is hidden in i dive down into the cliff i release my wings and aim my body upwards to land on the other side of the cliff. I then start running and when i have a decent amount of momentum i jump up into the air spreading my one of a kind wings. Everyone in our flock has Unique one of a kind wings. Mine are black towards my back and then fade into through shades of grey eventually coming to  white at the tips. As I soar through the air i deiced to go farther into the forest than i normally do because i got up early and had extra time.

As I go farther in i hear "Awooo" is that howling it sounds like werewolf speak no but they were wiped out years ago Unless they've been in hiding. I have make sure before I alert the elders. I swoop down and land on a branch and get a good look at what looks like a cave and I see werewolves going in and out. I must alert the elders I leap into the air spreading my wings and flying as fast as physically possible as i see the Nest i notice a bunch of red stuff maybe its rabbit chili ,im not picky.

When I land i see its a barren waste land at the entrance no people as i look around I see more of that red stuff i reach down a touch the stuff oh no Its Blood. I start running around for bodies and i find them thrown down our bone shoot from the animals we eat and none of them have there Moonstone bracelets I wear mine as a ankle bracelet, but that means a they all simultaneously lost them or hunters stole them.

No no no no no that cant be true and then all the pieces are put together when i see a note left by one of the hunters "Dear whoever is still lucky to be alive we know what your thinking why would we do it, isn't it obvious your power stones, they can be used to power our weapons making the creatures in the forest an easy kill of course its a one time use but still its a one hit kill." I started hyperventilating calm down, calm down, I tell myself. I run to my area in the nest and look through my room I see nothing out of place i grab my backpack and grab anything valuable to me including a photo of me and my group, a camera that i found, extra clothes, and anything else I could fit. I run around to other sections of the nest and grab sacred books and more of our past.

Once my bag is crammed full i jump off the ledge and take flight not looking back leaving without a plan. I decide the best plan of action is to go to the werewolves Den and see if i can stay there for a bit till I can find another place to live. I notice the wolves den and its about midday and 2 girls standing outside. I land in front of them jumping back in surprise  and walk up to them casually. "who are you" One of them growls. "Jacob Snow-Bird" I reply. "Ok what are you then" the other wolf asks "great question, I'm Avian basically a werewolf but instead of part wolf i'm part bird" I sincerely say. "cool" I hear that same wolf say.

"Why are you here" the first wolf questions. "I was out hunting this morning and saw Werewolves so I raced back to alert my elders but when i got back it was a massacre by hunters. they killed all of my kind just for our Moonstone bracelets. they're going to use them as ammo to easily kill the creatures of the forest. I have no where else to go truthfully if i go back i have the risk of the hunters returning to kill any survivors AKA Me" I finished.

"Willa what do we do" the second wolf asked. "I well take him to the elders they'll make the decision Wynter you stay ill take the back". Willa Then Turned to me and speak. "I heard you guys I have great hearing" I pointed out. "Ok then Lets go" Willa Said. Once we arrived at what looks like a back entrance Willa explained "we didn't want to alert the other werewolves. i'm going in first to alert the elders of why your here i will come back if they want to talk to you. Dont eavesdrop." "ok" i replied. Willa then went  inside. Wynter then looked at me "so wears yours moon stone" she asked. "on my ankel" i said pulling up my pants to show my ankel bracelet glowing a bright white. "Why is Yours White" Wynter asked. "I dont really know only one thats like that in my entire flock".

"Do you mind if I see Your wings." Wynter requested.  After she asked i slowly allow them to come out of my back slipping through the slits in the back of my shirt. Ass they come out I see Wynter's  surprise grow. "they're beautiful" she complimented "thanks". Willa walked out of the cave "They want to talk to you alone". I walk into a grand library and see five elders siting a a U-shaped table. "Jacob Snow-Bird" one of them says "So Willa tells us that all Avians were killed by hunters." "that is true sadly" I reply keeping my wings out. "We are sad to hear that also we where all freinds of the elders of your tribe" the say calmly. "How" I ask "they always told us that werewolf were wiped out" I ask frantically. "Jacob, the past is not what it seems, We and your elders decided it was best to keep both kinds separate and unknowing of each other for protection."

"I understand" I sighed. "we are willing to give you a place to live within the den, but in return you give us all your knowledge you have of your part of the forbidden forest." " really" I cried out "really, you'll be staying wit Wyatt you'll have a week to settle in before he gets back from a mapping expedition". "thank you" i quickly pull out all of the maps I took from the Nests Library and handed it to one of the elders . they examined it and looked farley surprised. "This i perfect".

FALSH BACK OVER