1

The procession was long and drawn out

Each member of the Kingdom seemed to have heard word of the event that was taking place. Their feet carried them to the road, watching the passing of the golden carriage as it went by. Some craned their necks and were rewarded with the beautiful sight of what laid inside. But the movement of the horses and the pull of the vessel carried it away before they could shout or wave in excitement.

Others whispered in unease as they watched the glow of the carriage sink slowly away in the distance. Like a falling sun, that was exactly what they saw the event to represent. The carrying away of their own sun from their lands.

The majority held sad eyes as they took in the fading image.

None dared voice out loud what all were thinking. But they knew.

The Princess had chosen to go.

And now she was leaving.

Inside the carriage, a young girl sat. Her father watched her with wary eyes, taking in the silence that she had held ever since their departure.

The irises of her eyes would flash against the light, causing her light brown to appear almost gold at times. The man looked out the window, taking in the different people who had gathered on the edges of the road to see them. Anyone could recognize the royal guard and carriage they protected.

"It's not too late you know."

At his words, the girl finally turned to face him.

He frowned at the expression of shock she held.

"Too late for what?"

His frown only grew as she asked her question.

"Too late to go back. We don't have to go and you don't have to..." His voice choked at the end. He wasn't able to finish the sentence.

The girl dazzled him with her smile. She had a way of doing that.

"Daddy, how silly."

Without another word to explain she turned back to look at the countryside- taking in the landscape of the Kingdom she was leaving.

The King himself felt 'silly' at her words. He thought it had been a ligitmement question, but then, he should have known his daughter better.

The days of travel consisted of such remarks. The King asking the same string of questions, 'are you sure?' 'really?' 'it's not to late'

Each time he felt even more foolish for voicing out his unease.

The moment the chill of the north started to hit him, was the moment he began to grow even more uneasy.

"Lumi really- this was a foolish idea. I doubt he will respond positively to this."

The girl glanced at her father, "I do not expect a warm welcome."