2.02 » drowning isaac

SCOTT, STILES, MAGGIE, AND DEREK emptied bag after bag of ice into the metal tub in the middle of Deaton's examination clinic. Runaway cubes were scattered across the animal clinic's floor as he explained to Isaac what he was about to do.

"Obviously, it's not going to be particularly... comfortable. But, if we can slow your heart rate down enough, you'll slip into a trance-like state."

Isaac nodded. "Like being hypnotized."

"Exactly. You'll be half-transformed. It'll let us access your subconscious mind."

The pair made their way closer the tub. Isaac crouched down in front of it, wary of just how bad it was going to feel.

"How slow does his heart rate need to be?" Scott asked.

"Very slow."

Derek looked skeptical. "Okay, well, how slow is very slow?"

Deaton paused. "Nearly dead."

"It's safe though, right?" Isaac gulped, placing his hand on the surface and pulling it back instantly after feeling the icy sting.

"Do you want me to answer honestly?" Deaton asked.

He sighed. "No. No, not really."

The slap of rubber made them all look to Stiles, who had pulled on one of Deaton's surgical gloves. "...What?"

He looked at all their glares, rolling his eyes and sliding the glove off. No one ever let him have any fun.

"Look," said Derek, "if it feels too risky, you don't have to do this." Scott nodded in agreement.

Isaac seemed to take their words into consideration before pulling the gray long-sleeve over his head, revealing his muscular chest and smooth abdomen.

Maggie couldn't stop herself from grinning. "A simple 'yes' would've been enough."

He smirked at her and threw the soft shirt at her face, looking way too pleased when she folded it up to keep it safe for him.

She rolled her eyes, placing it on the counter behind her.

Isaac wasted no time hopping in the tub, taking several deep breaths and fighting off his pain-filled grunts. The four looked to each other in agreement and shoved him into the icy bath.

He emerged instinctively with a rumbling growl, eyes glowing golden and fangs barred.

"Get him back under," Deaton instructed, but that was easier said than done. Even if with the help of two wolves with supernatural strength and Stiles, Maggie struggled to keep the lower right of his body in the water. It was the upper half that really matter anyway, but Isaac's head kept reemerging every time Scott and Derek managed to push him down.