(Epilogue) All Was Well

I wiped my brow before placing the sphere on the table in front of me. Daniels, who was examining a sphere of his own, nodded a goodbye as I removed my protective gloves and stepped out of the room.

I journeyed from department of mysteries into the entrance hall of the ministry building. I was meeting Draco and his wife for lunch. I didn't expect him to be there before me.

The blond seemed to be in a very serious conversation with the minister. Astoria looked kind of bored. Clearly, she didn't find whatever they were discussing even vaguely interesting. Her face lit up as she saw me enter.

"Salaza!" she exclaimed.

Draco looked a little surprised as he was pulled from his discussion and looked up to smile at me.

"Hey, Astoria, Dray, Hermione," said over Astoria's shoulder while she tried to strangle me with a hug. A nasty little mannerism that she picked up from Pansy and Draco.

Hermione smiled and nodded her greeting while Draco tried to peel his wife off me.

"Are you ready to go?" asked the blond.

"Sure. George said that he will meet us there." I turned my gaze to Hermione, "He didn't say whether his brother will join us."

She blushed. "Fred and I are celebrating on our own tonight."

I just raised my eyebrow.

"Shall we leave. We don't want to keep your Weasel waiting."

I frowned at Draco before I lost my composure and started laughing. "Fine, lets go. Please don't use that nickname in front of him. This place is fancy, and we can't have a repeat of last time."

"Lesson learned," vowed Draco.

"See you later, Minister." I nodded at Hermione before turning on the spot and reappearing in the foyer of Draco and mine's favourite restaurant.

George folded his arms around my waist as soon as I steadied myself. His hug was way less life threatening in comparison to the others.

"Hey," I said as he placed his lips on my forehead.

"Hey yourself," he whispered.

A waiter led us to our table and the night disappeared in a blur of food, wine, conversation, laughter, friendship and love. As I looked out the window at the brilliant light of the Weasley's Wizard Wheezes fireworks I could help but sigh, "How did I end up being this lucky?"

The others just laughed.

Twenty years ago, I thought that my world was going to end. Life seemed cold and the future was so, so uncertain. Now I was surrounded by, the very much alive, Draco, his beautiful wife and my amazing fiancé.

Sirius was declared innocent in my third year. Neville got a new wand and his magic flourished. Remus Lupin came to teach at Hogwarts, and with some help of the community and some strong threats from Sirius, they werewolf laws were re-evaluated and fixed to soot the peaceful climate.

Nobody ever found out what happened that faithful night, but rumours in the castle spread about the boy-who-lived, the Slytherin Prince and the Slytherin heiress, who fought the vengeful Professor Quirrell and saved the school from certain doom. Of course, some accounts were completely crazy, and others came unsettling close to the truth.

In the end, everything turned out fine. Life was great. I finally allowed the world to take over. I didn't need to do everything for myself. I got a job as an unspeakable and settled down. I left the fighting behind me.

"Don't think that all the work was on your shoulders." Dumbledore's words kept running through my mind.

And for the first time, I could believe the old man.

I allowed my gaze slip over George's face. The fireworks reflecting in his eyes. A smug smile on his face. I couldn't help but think that all was well.

A/n: Oh, yeah. Finally finished! Don't get me wrong, I loved witing this book, but I actually finished a book!

Of course, I'm not finished, there's a lot of editing and cleanup to do. Everything in this book is still first draft at the moment. I think I'll update the whole book at once when I'm finished.

Once again, thank you to everyone who supported me during this process. Thank you for the votes and the comments, it really makes my day to know that people actaully reads my stuff and likes what I read.

Before this gets too long I'll just shut up and publish the final chapter.