Chapter 7

Strange paced back and forth before one of his minions came in.
"Sir, we have a location."
Strange smirked "excellent. I think it's time for a family reunion."

Marinette paced back and forth in her room. Her father knew she was here. Her father knows where she is. If he doesn't know now, he'll find out. And soon.
"Angel, please calm down. He won't get you. I promise."
"You don't know dad like I do. He got through the Joker. The Joker! What do you think will happen when he finds out, I'm staying with the Wayne's? He will take me away. And he'll either do more experiments or use—"
Marinette clamped her mouth shut. It's not like she had a secret ability or anything. Wait.... That's exactly it.
"Or use what?" Damian asked, his voice was layered with concern.
She shook her head "it's nothings." Then resumed pacing.
She didn't stop. Mind swirling will all possibilities. All possible outcomes.
"Marinette, Angel, please calm down. I'm not going to let him near this place."
Mari shook her head violently. "You don't get it. It will literally someone you wouldn't expect. A little girl, a business man looking for a sponsor, it could be ANYONE. And you won't see it coming till it's too late."
Damian stood and pulled Marinette into a hug. She struggled at first, refusing comfort, till he forcefully pulled her in and kissed her head. He rubbed soothing circles up and down her back.
"I promise you, promise, I will do everything I can, to keep you away from that man."
She sighed "I want to believe that. But last time someone promised me that, it ended badly." She pulled back enough to look him in the eye. "I really do want to believe you, but it's hard when it's my dad we're talking about. He has connections to people everywhere. Even in Paris. It's not going to matter anyway, I'm leaving later. I'm going to ground, try and start over."
"Marinette, why are you leaving? We can protect you better if your here."
Marinette sighed and kissed his cheek. "I know, but I'm not going to let you guys risk everything to help me out. Besides it's better if you don't get involved."
"Why? Why on earth is it it better?"
"He will do worse things to you for associating with me. He....did something to a past—friend. I found him with his head cut off and burn and cuts all over the place. It was really bad."
Damian held her chin with his fingers and forced her to look at him. He kissed Maris lips, her chin and her neck. Whispering promises, and despite to keep her in the Manor. Mari gripped his shoulders, tilting every-so-often to give him better access to her neck.
"Alright. Two days. That's it." Mari panted out.
Damian smiled against her neck and kissed her again. This time nipping and sucking. A groan slipped past Marinette's closed mouth.
"You really should be quiet, Angel. Someone might here you."
"Then you should be doing things like this, if someone can hear." Mari shot back.
Damian lowered them onto the bed and kissed her till there was nothing to kiss. They curled up into each other.

There was a loud bang from downstairs. Damian sat up looked around. Nothing. But the there was a muffled scream. Damian jumped up, grabbing a dagger by his head and rushed out of his room to Marinette's. The door was locked, and there was a ruckus coming from the other side. Not thinking, or caring, he kicked the door in. Just I time to watch Marinette collapse into the arms of a thug and jump out the window. Damian raced over and tried to follow, but felt a small sting then nothing at all. Then the world went dark.