Chapter 9

'Ouch!' I grumble, as I catch the flesh between my finger and thumb for the third time this morning, in an attempt to straighten my disasterously wavy hair. Last night had been such a good evening spent with Liam in my room that I had practically passed out with exhaustion. That meant I hadn't brushed my teeth, taken my makeup off or worse still, tied my hair up to avoid this messy bullshit.

'Mornin.' Liam smiles, leaning against the doorframe of my room.

'Morning.' I reply, my comb placed firmly between my teeth and my hands carefully wrapping strands of hair around the heated wand. 'Your up early,' I remark.

'Well, you know what they say. Early bird catches the worm.' Liam chuckles, as I roll my eyes like a grumpy fuck. I hate mornings. Especially mornings where I actually need to put effort in to sort my hair out.

'About tonight...' Liam begins, sitting down on my bed. 'Do you fancy anywhere in particular orrrr...' I look at him and raise an eyebrow.

'Anything would be an improvement on whatever shit Tracy's got install for us.' I joke, as Liam scratches his head awkwardly. 'Go on, what's the matter?' I question.

'Oh nothing nothing...' He begins, 'I just kinda spent the last of my allowance on that dress yesterday." I smile in the mirror,  now I feel bad.

'Liam we don't have to go out you twit.' He looks at me confused, "I enjoyed last night. Just me and you. We could just do that again but this time in your room to spice it up?" I joke, as he bite she's lip in embarrassment.

"Look, I'll give you the money back for the dress Friday. I would now but I spent mine on shoes to go WITH the stupid dress." He suddenly shakes his head.

"No I wanted to buy you the dress. You don't owe me nothing." He smiles at me. I feel bad. But it kinda makes the dress even more special knowing that he insisted on buying it me, and I don't really wanna take the special stuff out of it. So I accept it. "Come on, let's play monopoly." He suggests, knowing full well I'm gonna thrash him.

That's basically how the day carried on. When we got bored of monopoly, I went to go and borrow some paint off of Saphire, and me And the girls made some graffiti art for the living room. Frank had finally come over to visit, so Liam had gone to make Liamaid or something in the garden. The girls had told me all about how hard Liam had worked to actually make this drink taste nice and NOT blow up (something he got kicked out of his foster parents house for. LOL!) So me, Carmen and Tee went out to go and try some while Lily carried on painting with Poppy and Rosie.

'Come on then, what's all the fuss?' I joke, as me and the girls sit down on the beanbags in the garden to prepare ourselves for Liam's Invention.

'Well, first of all, Frank, this is nutcase Lola who I was telling you about." Liam introduces us, as I nod at Frank who returns the gesture. "Hi, Lola." He replies, rather sweetly.

"Sound." I reply, and Liam continues.

"And second of all, the big fuss is called Liamade." He replies, producing a large bottle of blue fizzy stuff from behind his back. He throws a red plastic cup to each of us, just as Johnny runs out to join in on the action.

"Is it gonna explode?" Johnny teases, sitting so close to me he's practically on my lap.

"Your gonna squash her if you ain't careful, mate." Liam chuckles, noting the aggravation on my face, "and no, it no longer explodes."

"I'm sure she don't mind." Johnny comments, in the most cheesiest and awful way I've ever heard in my life. Like, kids fancying You is always cute and cringey, but he took it to a whole other ass level with that one.